Who doesn't want flawless and glassy skin? While beauty bloggers and YouTubers dole out tips and tricks galore that you can subscribe to get that perfectly smooth and glowing complexion, let us assure you there is no real quick fix to getting thatcover girl'-type skin without making a consistent effort.
What you put on your skin matters the most, especially if you are using natural products that cure your skin issues and work on giving you that dewy, glowy skin from within. The centuries-old tradition of Ayurveda, an heirloom of Indian culture and tradition, has a solution to all your problems, be it your health, skin, or hair. Take for example, aloe vera and coconut based oil. Easily accessible and extremely potent, these two ingredients are loaded with antioxidants that can help you get that flawless skin you long for.
Let's explore these two skincare ingredients and how they can help you get radiant skin.
Coconut oil for clear, radiant skin
Known as an elixir in Ayurveda, coconut oil is an exotic, magical solution to getting flawless skin. With its anti-inflammatory properties, it soothes dry and burned skin while also moisturizing it. All these benefits make coconut oil worth a try for your skin. Let's look at some of the benefits of coconut oil for skin:
1. Reduces ageing: The lauric acid content in virgin coconut based oil makes it a perfect anti-ageing product. It increases collagen production, which makes your skin firm and younger by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Has anti-inflammatory properties: Its rich fatty acids' content gives it anti-inflammatory properties that allow coconut oil to cure sunburn and itchiness and neutralise inflammation.
3. Cures infections: The lauric acid content also makes coconut oil antibacterial, making it ideal for treating wounds and infections. It can be used to treat skin problems caused by bacteria, fungus-like itchy skin, flakiness, redness, or fungal infections. It also reduces breakouts and acne.
4. Lightens pigmentation: Regular use of coconut based oil can reduce marks and blemishes caused by wounds, pimples, or surgery. It also reduces dark patches caused by hyperpigmentation. Applying coconut oil on the under-eye region can also help you get rid of dark circles.
Also, check out our blog on the benefits of coconutboil for face and skin to learn more about the enormous benefits of virgin coconut oil.
With Coco Soul, you get the magic of this exotic Ayurvedic ingredient in bottles and tubes. Products from Coco Soul are 100% natural and free from chemicals like parabens, sulphates, DEA, mineral oils, sodium chloride, etc. Another reason to add them in your beauty routine is that they are MadeSafeâ„¢-certified, 100% vegan, and not tested on animals.
Presenting the Coco Soul Nourishing Body Lotion, which is enriched with virgin coconut oil and the magic of Ayurvedic herbs like sandalwood and welmi. This genie of a lotion melts on your skin to give you a nourished glow.
- Virgin coconut oil: Known to promote cellular repair, hydrate your skin, and soften even the driest skin.
- Sandalwood: Reverses sun damage and minimises age spots to give you fairer skin.
- Welmi: Fights skin dullness to reveal radiant and glowing skin.
This luxurious and silky body lotion will moisturize your skin and start a whole new affair with your body.
Aloe vera for flawless skin
Commonly reared as a house plant, aloe vera is magical when it comes to skincare and haircare. Aloe vera, in its purest form, is known not only to cure all skin issues naturally without drying it, but also for giving you spotless and clear skin. Let us look at some benefits of aloe vera for the skin.
- Natural moisturizer: Aloe vera is a natural, lightweight, and non- greasy moisturizer. Its slimy consistency penetrates the skin cells to moisturize dry skin from within. It makes your skin softer, hydrates it, also and treats dryness and rough patches.
- Cures sunburn: Aloe vera is known for its soothing, anti-inflammatory properties. It helps retain the moisture in your skin cells and forms a protective layer on burnt skin to help it heal faster. It also contains minerals and antioxidants that cure an infection caused by sunburns or wounds.
- Lightens marks and blemishes: A prime component in many skincare products, aloe vera lightens and reduces scars and blemishes from your skin and face. It also boosts skin cell production, curing stretch and wound marks in the process.
- Reduces acne: Aloe vera has antimicrobial properties that cure pimples without harming the skin. It also works as an astringent and antiseptic that removes dirt and excess sebum, thereby preventing breakouts.
The combined magic of aloe vera and coconut oil
With their complementing properties, the combination of virgin coconut based oil and aloe vera can do wonders for the skin. Here is how you incorporate them in your skincare routine.
Aloe vera-coconut oil moisturizer
Both aloe vera and coconut oil help retain moisture and nourish the skin. An aloe vera-coconut oil moisturizer can thus help ward off all dryness and flakiness and make your skin clear, supple, and flawless. To make an aloe vera and coconut oil moisturizer, you need:
- Aloe vera stems
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Wash the aloe vera stems.
- Cut the edges of the stems carefully and peel the upper layer.
- Using a spoon or a knife, scrape off all the sticky gel and put it in a blender.
- Add the coconut oil and blend the ingredients until the consistency is even.
- Store the lotion in a jar and use as needed.
How and when to apply
Take a coin-sized amount of this aloe vera-coconut oil lotion on your palms and apply it over the skin in circular motions. Massage it gently for a few seconds to allow your skin to absorb the goodness of the natural ingredients. Applying this aloe vera-coconut oil moisturising lotion after a shower will help retain the moisture, keeping your skin supple and soft. You must apply this moisturiser at least twice daily or every time you find dryness and flakiness on your skin.
There are many natural ingredients with magical properties that offer umpteen benefits to your skin. However, you must use them in their natural form or rely on brands that do. With Coco Soul, you merely need to visit our website to look for more such products infused with Ayurvedic wisdom and say goodbye to your skin issues.
Along with aloe vera and coconut oil, there are various other natural ingredients that are good for your skin. Sandalwood is one such ingredient as the benefits of sandalwood for skin are enormous.