Nowadays, natural peel-off masks are the new beauty trend. Be it removing blackheads or dead skin; it gives the perfect firmness to the skin. Looking to achieve top-notch skin? Well then, it's time to discover the answer to how to make peel-off masks? Through this article, you would be gathering relevant information about how to make peel-off masks at home.
These are the best DIY peel-off mask recipes for your skin type
Looking for the best homemade/DIY peel-off mask recipes? Here are some best natural peel-off masks according to your skin type :
DIY Charcoal face mask for dull complexion
- Activated charcoal- 1/3rd teaspoon
- Multani mitti- 1/4th teaspoon
- flavoured gelatin- 1 teaspoon
- tea tree oil- 1-2 drops
- Boiling hot water- 2 teaspoons
- The very first thing is to clean your face using a gentle cleanser. One such cleanser you can opt for is Coco Soul Face Wash. It comes with the richness of coconut and neem, and its Ayurvedic herbs like Neem and Gotu kola add to its benefits.
It is also free from sulphate and ]paraben, making it free from chemicals. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties keep the skin nourished and hydrated.
- After cleaning, mix all the ingredients and apply the mask to your face.
- Let it sit for about 20- 30 minutes until it dries completely.
- Then slowly peel off the mask. You can remove the remaining particles using a warm washcloth. This is one of the incredible homemade peel-off masks you can opt for.
Coconut and Turmeric - for oily and acne-prone skin
- Manuka Honey- ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric- just a pinch
- Coconut oil- 3 teaspoons
- Witch hazel- 3 teaspoons
- Unflavoured gelatin powder- 2 teaspoons
- Warm water- 1 tablespoon
- Mix gelatin powder and water. Microwave it for ten seconds.
- Stir it until the powder dissolves. Leave it to cool down and thicken.
- Now mix all ingredients with gelatin and let the mixture cool down.
- Apply it to your face with a soft brush.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes before gently peeling off the mask. This is one of the easiest ways to learn how to make peel-off masks at home.
Best for oily skin
- Diluted lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Egg white
- Tissue paper
- Take a glass bowl and mix the egg white and lemon juice.
- With the use of a soft brush, gently apply half of the mixture.
- Now press the tissue paper onto your skin and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Then again, apply the mixture to the tissue paper and layer it with another tissue paper.
- After applying a few layers, make sure to use the mixture again at the end layer.
- Now peel off the mask after it dries. And at last, apply a moisturiser. A great moisturiser you can opt for is Natural Body Butter from Coco Soul.
It comes with the richness of shea butter and coconut oil along with Ayurvedic herbs like Lodhra. It is free from chemicals such as mineral oil, silicones and parabens. You can expect healthy, glowing, nourished, and hydrated skin with its use.
At what stage in your skincare routine should you use a peel-off mask?
Just washing your face doesn't mean taking good care of your skin. You need to be very attentive to your skin and prepare a skincare routine. Start by using a face wash and then opt for using an exfoliating face scrub like the one from Coco Soul that has the goodness of Coconut. Being free from Paraben and Sulphate, it comes loaded with Ayurvedic ingredients like Sandalwood, Venivel, etc. After that, use a natural peel-off mask that helps to keep the dead cells and the dirt particles away. And the best age to consider using a peel-off mask is in your early 20s.
What are some standard Dos and Don'ts of using a peel-off mask?
Undoubtedly, using peel-off masks is a fun process, but if you don't know how to use these natural peel-off masks, it can cause you some side effects. So, here are some common do's and don'ts of using a peel-off mask:
- Do not overuse your peel-off mask more than once a week
- Do not use a mask that doesn't suit your skin type
- Do not leave your peel-off mask on your face longer than instructed
- Do not aggressively peel off your mask when removing it
- Do clean your face using a mild face wash before applying a peel-off mask
- Do wash your face with cold water after using a peel-off mask to close the pores
- Do use the peel-off masks 1-2 times a week
- Do apply a facial toner to balance your skin when using a peel-off mask
- Do use a face sponge to smoothly remove the peel-off mask
Remember, not every peel-off mask comes with the same benefits, and every mask has its effectiveness and benefits depending on the skin type. So if you're confused about how to make peel-off masks or apply them, then the best thing is to seek help from a doctor or an expert.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a peel-off mask and a face mask?Confused between a homemade peel-off mask and a face mask? The face mask provides a relaxing spa-like experience at home by removing excess oil and keeping the skin hydrated. On the other hand, peel-off masks benefit from exfoliation as they take away dead skin, sebum, and dirt particles and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Do peel-off masks remove blackheads?Yes, charcoal activated peel-off masks help in removing blackheads. So besides knowing how to make peel-off masks for blackheads, one effective trick is to use hot steam for 5-7 minutes before applying the mask, as it helps open pores and allows the mask to penetrate better.
Can I use a peel-off mask every day?Using peel-off masks daily isn't a wise decision as overdoing them can cause harmful effects. So sticking to your peel-off skincare routine one to two times a week is the best option. However, you should stick to it once a week if you've got sensitive skin.