What is co-washing? It is a hair washing technique to soften and moisturise your hair and scalp, without stripping off its natural oils. This is an experience for people with all hair types to see how a conditioner-wash can make their hair feel. Especially for those of you with wavy, curly, or coily hair, this article will show you how co-washing can really transform your waves, curls, and coils!
Co-Washing: The Secret To Happy Curls!
In simple words, co-washing means conditioner-washing your hair. Your regular hair care routine probably involves the following steps - oiling your scalp, cleansing your hair with a shampoo, and finally using a conditioner to add moisture. In the case of co-washing, you only use a conditioner – to wash your hair!
When we use a conditioner to co-wash the hair and scalp, it not only conditions and moisturises your tresses, but also deeply cleanses the scalp. This is done by rubbing the product into your scalp, massaging it well, and cleaning out dirt and other impurities, while moisturising your hair. It is the secret to happy hair, and especially happy curls, because the conditioning formula reaches the roots of your hair.
Make this secret your solution by learning how to co-wash curly hair for best results! Scroll to find out how.
A Guide To Co-Wash For Curly Hair or Wavy Locks
For those of you who own powerful curls, coils, and waves, define them better with a co-wash for your luscious locks! It will hydrate your hair, reduce frizz, and add a beautiful shine to your hair. Here’s how you can co-wash your hair to get optimal results:
Steps to co-wash for wavy hair or curly hair
- Double wash your hair to remove the toxins, dirt, and other impurities from your hair and scalp. The second round of cleansing with a conditioner helps in hydrating and moisturising your hair better.
- Add splashes of water while you wash your hair, as conditioners do not lather (especially organic ones). This helps spread the product all over your hair and clean it entirely.
- Detangle and distribute your hair strands, either using your fingers or with a wide toothed comb. This will help you reach the roots of your hair, cover your full scalp, and spread the co-wash effect all over your hair.
Tips to co-wash for curly hair or wavy hair
- How often should you co-wash your hair can be based on your preference - it could be once a week, or even once a month. The idea here is to build up the frequency based on how your hair feels after one co-wash, and ensure you alternate it with shampoo-ing your hair.
- Use a conditioner that not only moisturises your hair, but also hydrates it. People with frizzy, dry curls and waves that entangle and cause breakage, will understand its significance! Deeply hydrating your hair allows your hair strands to swiftly slide over one another, giving your hair the bounce it craves.
- Give equal attention to your scalp and your hair strands. The length of your hair is another thing to keep in mind. Using your fingertips, thoroughly massage your scalp, your strands, and tips of your hair, before you rinse off the product. This will keep the dryness away. Make sure you don’t use your nails or it could lead to breakage of your hair strands.
Is Co-Wash Good For Curly Hair? Yes! Here's Why
Welcome to the natural-curl game and be ready to win it with the best co-wash! Co-washing or conditioner-washing is a lot better than shampoo-ing if you are someone with curls and coils. Using a conditioner to rinse and cleanse your scalp allows the product to be massaged into your hair so deeply that the roots are nourished with its ingredients. This is especially true for curly, coily, or wavy hair, as they need more moisture than any other hair type. Read more about why cowashing is good for hair here.
What Is The Best Co-Wash For Curly Hair?
The best co-wash for curly hair is a product that is lightweight in texture. It is a product that hydrates, moisturises, and strengthens your scalp without drying out your hair. Conditioning your hair with the goodness of nature is what co-wash is when you use Coco Soul’s all-natural Hair Conditioner.
Made with organic ingredients hailing from the world of ancient ayurveda, this conditioner packs the benefits of hibiscus extract and lunuwila in this magical bottle. The hydrating virgin coconut oil in this conditioner is the elixir your hair needs to bounce with happiness! It is 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and certified by Made Safe, making it the safest option for you. Get your herbal co-wash today with Coco Soul!
Frequently Asked Questions on Co-Wash For Curly Hair (FAQs)
How to co-wash curly hair and how often?Co-washing your hair means using a conditioner to cleanse and moisturise your hair and scalp. Use a natural, lightweight conditioner to double wash your hair once a week. This will give you an idea of what your hair will look like, and how many times you need to co-wash your hair.
Is co-wash good for curly hair?Curls, waves, and coils are the hair types that benefit the most from co-washing hair. This is because it hydrates, moisturises and double moisturises your hair, while cleansing your scalp.
What is the best co-wash for curly hair?A natural, lightweight conditioner is ideal for co-washing. This will add just enough moisture and hydration to your hair, and nourish your scalp with ingredients that are good for your hair.