Who doesn't want their skin to be clean and spotless? We all want healthy skin to look beautiful and gorgeous. But if you have pimples, remember not to get too harsh on yourself. It is true acne can take away your peaceful sleep and, in return, can give you more stress.
Also, many people opt for several superficial methods and chemical methods. But little do we know it is harmful to our skin health in the long run. Remember, breakouts are normal and can be cured. However, if you lack knowledge about acne causes or how to treat them, you might suffer for a longer time. So, let’s first educate you on that.
What are the different types of acne and their causes?
Just knowing the treatments for acne is not enough if you don't know about different types of acne. Yes, you may think all pimples are the same, but it is not the truth. So what are the types of acne? Acne can take several forms, such as:
- Whiteheads- In this, the pimples stay under the surface of your skin, and they arise when a blocked pore closes, which as a result, causes a white pop.
- Blackheads- In this, the pimple rises to the surface of your skin when a clogged pore remains open. It basically looks like dirt has been deposited in the bump, which causes dark spots.
- Pustules- In this, the pimples contain pus, and the top is white and yellow, while the bottom is red. These are inflammatory acne, and one shouldn't scratch it.
- Papules- This inflammatory acne is small and looks like pink bumps. When scratched, they may hurt.
- Nodules- Such acnes are large in size and form deep under the skin. They are solid as well as painful.
- Fungal Acne- Such acne appears when an excess of yeast forms in the hair follicles. They are irritating and itchy in nature.
- Cysts- Such acnes are deep and filled with pus. Not only are these painful, but they also cause scars.
Apart from the types of acne, it is also important to understand acne causes. Acne is primarily a hormonal disorder triggered by androgen hormones. And they especially peak between adolescence and early adulthood. So if you’re wondering what causes pimples, the following are the reasons:
- When you're under an increased amount of stress or when there is a rise in cortisol level
- When hormone levels fluctuate around the time of a woman's period
- Scratching or picking acne sores
- Air pollution as well as weather conditions. Also, if your skin is prone to certain allergies
- Several medications as well as the use of inappropriate products
- Unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle
How to find out which kind of acne you have?
Besides, knowing different types of acne and acne causes, it is always best to know what you're dealing with. So the best way to understand this is by looking at the timing and the symptoms.
- When the skin produces too much oil, it causes whiteheads.
- If you've small black dots, then they are blackheads, and such acne comes from the pores exposed to oxygen.
- If your acne is sensitive to touch as well as hard, you may be having papules. They are caused when dead skin cells or bacteria lie under the skin's surface.
- Pustules are tender to touch and painful.
- Nodules are firm to the touch.
- Cysts are the largest form of acne and cause scars.
Acne, which is caused due to period, can be identified during the week leading up to your period. On the other hand, hormonal acne is different from acne due to stress caused by periods. It appears when hormonal changes get triggered due to too much stress.
What are the best treatment methods for each type of acne?
Dealing with different types of acne can be a difficult and emotional experience. And making them go away is another level of a daunting task. But once you know what types of pimples you're dealing with, you can treat them easily :
- Whiteheads- Depending on the severity of the case, the most appropriate treatment is to opt for a cleanser. Also, wash your face with warm water. If still not treated, then seek professional guidance. Try checking out the Ayurvedic cleanser combo collection from Coco Soul. The facial combo is powered with Ayurvedic herbs like Kikirindiya, Godapara, Virgin coconut oil, and others. This combo helps stop harmful chemical attacks on your skin and nourishes the skin from within.
- Blackheads- For blackheads, the best treatment is to clean up your skin using a cleanser. Besides, another effective treatment to remove the dead skin cells and oil is to use an organic scrub like the Coco Soul Face Scrub, equipped with powerful Ayurvedic herbs like Sandalwood and Venivel. The addition of virgin coconut oil makes this face scrub a bit more unique, which helps rejuvenate your skin.
- Papules- Remember, the main goal of treating papules is to soothe and calm the affected area. Do not squeeze, pick or dry the pimple out. Instead, gently wash your face with appropriate Ayurvedic face wash and lotions. Check out the Coco Soul Face Wash, which benefits from herbs like Neem and Gotukula and is purified with virgin king coconut oil. This face wash is completely organic with no harmful chemical effects or minerals.
- Pustules- Pustules are effectively treated under professional guidance. Furthermore, according to dermatologists, you can use cleansers with no side effects.
- Severe acne- This includes fungal acne, nodules and cysts. Such acne stays for months along with spreading rapidly. So the best treatment is to seek professional guidance.
Be it acne due to periods or any other reason, treating them is challenging. Remember, transformations don't happen overnight. So even if your acne/ pimples take time to leave, have patience. Do not pop your pimples or cysts because you won't win. Instead, seek help from doctors or professionals for better results.
What are the four types of acne?The four types of acne are Papules, Pustules, Nodules and Cysts.
How do you treat certain types of acne?The best way to treat acne is to mainly understand the different types of acne and what causes pimples. After knowing your skin type and what pimple you're dealing with, one must use appropriate cleansers and other products under expert guidance.
How do I know if my acne is hormonal or bacterial?The best way to know if the acne is hormonal or bacterial is by looking at its time of occurrence.
What causes acne on the cheeks?Acne on cheeks is basically caused due to build-up of dirt, oil and debris that clogs pores over time.