Coconut oil has been in the center of the wellness world for quite some time now. Owing to its nutritional richness and skin benefits, it is widely used in many beauty products as well. This multi-purpose oil is well-known as an elixir not only for your hair, but also for glowing skin in all seasons. Got dry, flaky skin? It's coconut oil to the rescue. Skin itchiness, burns or inflammation, you summon coconut oil to take care of the issue. What's more? Even your Google search results for glowing skin secrets will have coconut oil on the top of the list.
This begs the question, what's so amazing about using coconut oil for face? But, may we remind you that your granny and mom just did not wake up with glowing skin at home back in their heydays. Psst! It's what they swore by even back then when it came to their glowing skin secrets.
So, get ready with some popcorn and coffee beside you. We are here to take you through the many benefits of coconut oil on face and why it's the best choice for all seasons.
Benefits of using coconut oil for glowing skin
- Thanks to its highly nourishing and nutritional properties, coconut oil for face helps diminish under-eye bags. It reduces puffiness and dark under-eye rings through its regular usage.
- It is rich in antioxidants and good fatty acids that keep your skin soft, supple and moisturized throughout all seasons.
- Coconut oil helps keep your skin hydrated when the moisture level in the atmosphere is less. *Cue winters.* Apply coconut oil on face, arms and legs after taking a shower to moisturize flaky, dry or dehydrated skin.
- One of the lesser-known natural tips for glowing skin is using coconut oil as a natural face scrub. Just take half a teaspoon of sugar and mix it with a spoonful of coconut oil. Gently rub it on your face and neck in small, circular motions for one minute. This natural face scrub will slough off dirt and dead skin, while also giving you glowing skin naturally.
- It is also an excellent antioxidant-booster that helps combat signs of premature ageing caused by free-floating radicals like pollution and UV rays.
- Since it's greasy, coconut oil is widely used as a make-up remover. It easily removes dirt and make-up without irritating your skin. Take a penny-sized amount of coconut oil on a cotton ball and rub it on your face. Then, rinse off with a mild cleanser.
- Coconut oil can also treat many skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema and athlete's foot. Apply a thin layer of coconut oil on the affected region to soothe your skin.
Benefit of using coconut oil in summer
The summer heat tends to dry up the natural oil from the body. Thus, to keep your skin healthy, soft and glowing, using coconut oil is one of the best home remedies for glowing skin. It will help your skin look fresh and feel supple. Additionally, it soothes the skin and prevents sunburn and inflammation.
Benefit of using coconut oil in winter
Winter brings with itself a host of skin issues like dryness, rashes, redness, chafing, etc. It is here that using coconut oil for skincare during those harsh, chilly months will tackle all kinds of midwinter skin conditions in a snap. It penetrates in your skin to make it soft, while preventing dry and flaky skin.
Benefit of using coconut oil in monsoon
Monsoon means the rise of humidity levels, resulting in increased oil production on your skin. This can make your skin greasy and foster a breeding ground for many harmful bacteria and fungal infections. Since coconut oil is rich in antibacterial properties, it will help deep cleanse your skin and prevent unwanted bacteria from blocking the pores.
However, to unearth the finest benefits of coconut oil for healthy skin, use it in its raw form. If not that, you can also take the more convenient route of using skincare products already infused with pure, unrefined coconut oil. Its pure, unrefined version is also known as virgin coconut oil. Check out our blog on the benefits of virgin coconut oil for face and skin to learn more about it.
Many brands offer virgin coconut oil-infused products, perfectly safe for all skin types. One such brand is Coco Soul. Coco Soul believes that mother nature bears the solution for all your skin woes. It banks on the solutions from yesteryears that are twice more effective than that of today's. With this vision, Coco Soul creates products that are made using the choicest of Ayurvedic plants and pure organic virgin coconut oil. Additionally, they are free from parabens, sulphates, phthalates, DEA, mineral oils, etc., are 100% vegan, and MadeSafe certified. You can try“
Coco Soul Face Scrub
This natural face scrub is enriched with virgin coconut oil and Ayurvedic herbs that gently exfoliates the skin, unclogs the pores and gives you a radiant, healthy complexion. While it rids your face of all the debris, it also moisturizes your skin from within. Its ingredients contain -
- Virgin coconut oil: Contains antioxidants and fatty acids that nourish the skin cells and promote cellular repair.
- Venivel: Exfoliates dead skin, removes excess oil and gives you a blemish-free complexion.
- Sandalwood: It reverses sun damage and minimises age spots to give you a clear, flawless skin tone.
Coco Soul Revitalizing Face Wash
Packed with Ayurvedic herbs and virgin coconut oil in its core, this natural face wash gently removes oil and dirt to reveal fresh and radiant skin. This luxurious cleansing solution rejuvenates your skin without making it dry. Its ingredients contain -
- Virgin coconut oil: It penetrates deep within the skin layers to moisturize your skin.
- Gotukola: This organic herb promotes collagen to combat skin sagging in exchange for younger-looking skin.
- Neem: It removes pigmentation, fights premature signs of ageing and provides you with clear and acne-free skin. To learn more about neem, check out our blog on the benefits of neem for skin.
Coco Soul Nourishing Body Lotion
This natural body lotion is extremely lightweight and non-greasy in texture. Enriched with virgin king coconut oil and other potent Ayurvedic herbs, it moisturises your skin intensely and gives you glowing, flawless skin. Its ingredients contain -
- Virgin coconut oil: It deeply moisturises the skin while promoting cellular repair.
- Welmi: Loaded with vitamin C, it fights skin dullness to give you bright, clear skin.
- Sandalwood: Revered in eastern cultures, it helps reduce age spots and reverses sun damage.
A purely versatile ingredient in the beauty space, coconut oil can do numerous wonders for your skin. Either grab a jar of coconut oil or head over to the Coco Soul website to explore more natural skincare products.
Frequently Asked Questions on Coconut Oil for Glowing Skin
1. Can coconut oil make your skin glow?
Yes! Coconut oil contains many antioxidants and fatty acids that aid in promoting clear, bright and glowing skin.
2. Is it safe to use coconut oil on your face every night?
Absolutely! Coconut oil doesn't contain any chemicals and won't irritate your skin, thus making it safe for use on your face every night.