Your skin care routine’s order, in the morning and at night or, as the industry calls it – am vs pm skincare – is a game changer. Why? Because you need to know which order works to protect your skin through the day, and which order works to restore your skin overnight. We’ll take you through the best skin care routine order, morning and night both, and also recommend the best night skin care routine products and morning skin care routine products while we compare the similarities between AM vs PM skincare.
Your Morning Skin Care Regime Step By Step
The best morning skin care routine products and morning skin care tips are put together in this routine for you:
- Step 1: Cleanser – Very few of us can sleep in a fully straight posture, all night long. When we toss and turn in bed, move a bit, or switch sides, the pillow and our saliva or natural oils touch the face. This is why a healthy cleanse with a mild face wash is essential first thing in the morning. Gently massage it into your skin in circular motion and cleanse your face. We recommend a gentle cleanser like the Coco Soul Natural Face Wash, which is paraben-free, and rich in virgin coconut oil, gotukola and neem.
- Step 2: Exfoliator – When you use a face scrub to rid your skin of dead skin cells, you are exfoliating your skin to boost the growth of new skin cells. Wash off dirt and oil from your face, revealing brightened skin, when you use a naturally exfoliating face scrub. Herbal scrubs are ideal for this purpose, and the Coco Soul Natural Face Scrub is your Ayurvedic fix. Powered with herbs like venivel and sandalwood, and infused with the goodness of Virgin King Coconut Oil, it gently exfoliates the skin.
- Step 3: Hydration – A cooling essence is what you need in this often-skipped step, which gives your skin a touch of hydration to cool it and make it easy to absorb serums and moisturisers. Coconut oil is one such essence, which can penetrate ten layers deep into your skin. It can help restore your skin after cleansing and provides hydration, giving you luminous skin.
- Step 4: Serum (optional) – Using an antioxidant-rich serum with vitamin C for daytime is highly recommended to keep your skin free from inflammation and uneven skin tones.
Step 5: Sunscreen moisturiser – This is the last and most important step. Moisturising your face helps to lock in the goodness of all your previous steps. Choosing a lotion or cream with a good level of SPF (sun protection factor) is ideal, as it works like a moisturiser and sunscreen for your skin.
Your Night Skin Care Regime Step By Step
The essential night skin care tips, best night skin care routine products and more are put together in this night skin care regime for you:
Step 1: Makeup removal – To ensure your skin stays soft, supple, healthy, it’s important to always remove your makeup. Coco Soul’s Melt-in Balm is perfect for this! It is a great multi-tasker that is made with the goodness of Virgin King Coconut Oil, and blended with pure coconut. It is unrefined, natural, 100% pure, vegan, and cruelty-free.
- Step 2: Cleanser – At night, when you want to cleanse away the whole day’s accumulated dirt or wash off your makeup, choose a natural face wash. The Coco Soul Face Wash is just what your face needs. Rich in neem, virgin coconut oil, and gotukola, it revitalises the face in just one wash!
- Step 3: Exfoliator – Night exfoliation is a magical treatment method to give you glowing skin the next morning. Using a natural exfoliator is your best bet, as it gently rids your skin of dead skin cells before you go to sleep, giving you blissful skin. Coco Soul’s Face Scrub is a gentle scrub to wash away these particles. The all-natural, 100% vegan, Made Safe certified scrub is soft, light in texture, and smoothly slathers onto your skin.
- Step 4: Hydration – After your face is fully cleansed, a cooling essence gives it a pop of freshness. Coconut oil is one such essence, which can penetrate ten layers deep into your skin. Just visualise fresh coconut extract cleansing and cooling your skin – amazing! Learn the full benefits of using coconut oil for face, skin, and hair here.
- Step 5: Serum – Using an antioxidant-rich serum with Vitamin C at night will help your skin regenerate as you sleep, tackling fine lines and imperfections.
Step 6: Moisturiser – Choose a moisturiser that’s natural, one that leaves your skin soft, supple, and smooth. Apply it using circular motions from the centre outwards, massaging it well. Overnight, it will reduce puffiness, boost circulation, energise your skin, and give you supple skin the next morning.
The Best Order For Your Skin Care
Layering of your skincare products is the order you apply them in. This layering is generally done from ‘thin to thick’, which means lightweight to heavier products. In this stepwise guide, we show you how you can layer your products in the morning skincare routine vs the night skincare routine. To get an ideal skin care routine order for morning and night, this factor of weight can help simplify the products you’ll choose for each.
To sum it up, we’ve listed some night skin care tips for your night skin care regime, and some for the morning routine as well.
Night skin care tips for a night skincare regime:
- Double cleanse
- Use heavier products at night
- Pamper yourself in a mini spa
- Create a custom bedtime routine
- Use a silk pillowcase
- Stay hydrated
- Sleep on your back
Morning skin care tips and for a daytime regime:
- Cleanse before anything else
- Moisturise before you apply makeup
- Keep a serum handy through the day
- Wear sunscreen and protect your skin
Frequently Asked Questions on AM/PM Skin Care
What should my morning and night skincare regime be like?The ‘skin care routine order morning and night’ or am vs pm skincare routines, as listed above, should follow the basic steps of cleansing, exfoliating, hydrating, toning, and moisturising. Make sure you don’t leave sunscreen out - choose one with a minimum SPF (sun protection factor) of 30, or you could even find a moisturiser with a built-in SPF.
What order is AM - some early morning skin care tips?
Your morning skin care routine products are applied in the order of face wash or cleanser, exfoliating face scrub, hydrating, or cooling essence or oil, toner or serum, and moisturising cream or lotion.
What is the correct order for night-time skin care?The night skin care tips suggest these night skin care routine products – makeup remover or melt in balm, face wash or cleanser, exfoliating face scrub, hydrating, or cooling essence or oil, toner or serum, and moisturising cream or lotion.