Let’s do it together! First fashion, then makeup, now skincare… the lines are getting blurred, and we love it!
How often has it happened that your girlfriend brought home a moisturiser and you borrowed it because you ran out of yours or never felt the need to invest in one? There are so many articles online for skincare for men, a skincare routine for men that works, or skincare products for men that are gender-neutral. For newbies who'd like to get a head start, this is the perfect guide.
Is there any difference between men's and women's skin?
Yes and no, says Dr Dendy Engelman, a New York-based dermatologist. This is owing to some key differences – men are less prone to developing wrinkles as they age, they have a higher density of collagen, and their hormones are different. But because the skin is different, doesn’t mean they can’t use the same product – especially if it is all-natural. Scroll to know more about skincare for men, a skincare routine for men that works, or skincare products for men that are gender-neutral.
Can men and women use skin care products interchangeably with consequences?
Get ready to be surprised because the best skincare for men might be waiting on the shelf of a woman! Over the past two decades, skincare-curious dudes have helped expand the men’s section of the grooming aisle. And according to consumer market researchers Euromonitor International, it will only continue, with the skincare for men category set to grow 24 per cent over the next five years. The skincare routine for men and skincare products for men are about to experience a wave of change that will transform the definition of ‘best skincare for men’ as a whole.
Top skincare products that men can and can't safely borrow from the females in their lives
These are some of the best gender-neutral skincare products, which can effectively add to a routine of skincare for men:
Wonder how women always have soft skin? They moisturise daily, and do not compromise on the ingredients. Slather the Coco Soul Natural Body Butter on twice a day for max hydration.
Why choose this product?
- Powered with Virgin King Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Lodhra and four other ayurvedic herbs -
- Virgin King Coconut oil promotes cellular repair and penetrates ten layers deep into the skin to restore lost moisture and repair dry and damaged skin.
- Shea Butter has intense nourishment properties and it makes the skin soft, strengthens it and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Lodhra tones the skin, nourishes it and delays the signs of ageing.
- Made Safe certified, it keeps the skin safe and happy.
- The body butter is 100 % vegan and cruelty-free.
A scrub promotes the natural skin resurfacing process. When you scrub your face, it removes the dead and damaged skin cells and allows the skin to rejuvenate. Dark patches and scars thereby become lighter in shade. Facial scrubs that have natural skin brightening ingredients are known to have better effects. The Coco Soul Exfoliating Face Scrub is your gender-neutral oil-control face scrub of the decade!
Why choose this product?
- Made with the goodness of Virgin King Coconut Oil, Venivel and Sandalwood, it is a mix that gives you radiant, glowing skin!
- Virgin King Coconut oil promotes cellular repair and penetrates 10 layers deep into the skin to restore lost moisture and repair dry & damaged skin.
- Venivel, a natural exfoliating agent along with Coconut Shell powder deep cleans pores, removes dirt, clears dead skin to reveal your glow.
- Sandalwood has emollient properties. It also aids in minimising age spots and reverses sun damage.
- Made Safe Certified | 100 % Vegan
The future of skincare likely won’t involve borrowing at all; rather, men and women will have skincare routines that are specifically tailored to their own unique needs and focus on things like skin type, life stage and ethnicity, not gender. In the meantime, borrowing from each other is still cool and Coco Soul is there to help you in your quest for gender-neutral skincare! To put it simply, “everybody just wants something that works.”
Frequently Asked Questions on Gender Neutral Skincare (FAQs)
What products are gender-neutral?Products like lip balms of petroleum jelly, oil-control face scrubs, dry shampoos, and moisturisers are skincare essentials that benefit all gender types.
Can men follow women’s skin care routine?Yes, men can follow the skincare regimens of their girlfriends, girl-best-friends, or sisters. However, it is not advisable as certain ingredients react differently when applied to male and female skin. Men will benefit if they invest in skincare that is designed for their skin, and their needs.
Is female skin more sensitive?The epidermis is thinner in women and that requires them to use gentler, softer, less harsh products in their skincare routines.