Here's another day, another journey into the beauty realm, where we search for healthy skin care habits that can bring you a step closer to achieving the skin of your dreams. From ayurvedic herbs, skincare tips and tricks, to products enriched with nourishing ingredients and vitamins, we look for the best solutions to help you achieve flawless and healthy skin. And it is this quest that introduced us to a vitamin that is revered as a skincare elixir that you should include in your routine, if you haven’t already. We’re talking about Vitamin C. Now you might wonder, why should you use Vitamin C for skin care? Or is Vitamin C good for skin? Well, agreed, don’t listen to us. Instead, read on to find out what are the benefits or advantages of using this vitamin on your skin.
Benefits Of Using Vitamin C On Skin
Are you curious about vitamin C benefits for skin, or what makes vitamin C good for skin, or what does vitamin C do for your skin? Well, we’ll answer all these queries, beginning with the many vitamin C benefits for skin-
- It gives you glowing skin: One of the many vitamin C uses for skin include products that give you healthy and glowing skin. Vitamin C helps reduce the melanin synthesis in your skin by downregulating an enzyme known as tyrosinase, which makes this happen. Hence, when you’re trying out Vitamin C for skin care, you might end up with glowing and radiant skin, who knows?
- It protects you from sun damage: While Vitamin C doesn’t act like a shield that prevents UV A and B rays from entering your skin, it does minimise oxidative stress, which helps calm the skin and reduce damage caused by the rays. If you’re still thinking “what does Vitamin C do for your skin”, here’s the answer - it also helps accelerate cell turnover, which helps in reducing the appearance of sunburns, if any.
- It has anti-ageing properties: Amongst many Vitamin C benefits for skin, one useful one is that it protects the skin from fast ageing. Over time, the collagen levels begin to deplete, causing fine lines and wrinkles. It acts as a cofactor that helps in collagen synthesis, which reduces skin sagging, prevents oxidative stress and makes your skin tight and firm.You must also check out our blog on benefits of vitamin E for skin to learn about all the benefits of vitamin E for skin along with tips to include vitamin E in your skin care routine.
A Vitamin C-Enriched Skincare Routine
Now that you’ve understood how vitamin C benefits your skin, let’s show you how to get those results through a simple skincare routine using this power ingredient. This will also help you understand the various Vitamin C uses for skin and how it helps you in the best way-
- Cleansing: Just like every skincare routine, this one too starts with the most basic and essential step - cleansing. And that includes not just your face but your entire body. If you’d like to immerse into the natural power of nature, take a relaxing shower using the Coco Soul Shower Gel from Coco Soul's Skin care. It contains vitamin C-enriched turmeric and Virgin King Coconut Oil. While turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and reduces scars and marks, Virgin King Coconut Oil boosts your skin with other necessary antioxidants, which fight dryness and promote cellular repair. This revitalising shower gel will make your skin feel soft and refreshed.
- Exfoliating: If you’ve searched online for Vitamin C uses for skin, getting spotless and glowing skin is one very common and useful benefit. A good exfoliation helps you buff off the dead skin cells, giving you just that. Massage your skin with a Vitamin C rich scrub, containing lemon and sea salt. For some additional face exfoliation, pump out a bit of the Coco Soul Face Scrub and massage it into your skin. This organic face scrub is loaded with the ayurvedic ingredients of sandalwood and virgin king coconut oil, which minimise age spots and boost your skin with antioxidants, to give you cleaner looking skin.
- Moisturising: It’s common to experience dry skin after a shower, as hot water tends to strip off moisture, making your skin dehydrated. You need something hydrating and nourishing to restore this moisture content. If you’ve been feeling the same, slather on some Coco Soul Body Lotion into your body. This highly nourishing lotion is enriched with the vitamin C-rich sandalwood, welmi and virgin king coconut oil that fight dryness, reverse sun damage and give you a dewy and radiant look.Now that you know all about the benefits of using vitamin C for skin care, here is a complete list of other vitamins that are good for skin care.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use vitamin C serum everyday?
Yes, it’s always good to include vitamin C in your daily skincare routine. After cleansing, toning and moisturising your skin, nourishing it with some vitamin C serum is a good practice. You can use vitamin C once or twice a day, depending on the skincare routine that you follow.
Is vitamin C good for acne scars?Yes, vitamin C possesses healing properties. Hence, you can apply a small amount of vitamin C to any kind of wound on your body to help it heal well. Vitamin C increases the collagen content in your skin, which helps in rebuilding healthy skin, which heals your skin and removes any wounds. It also helps in reducing inflammation and sun damage in the same manner.
How long does vitamin C take to work on the skin?There is no clear evidence that specifies a certain timeline for vitamin C products and their effectiveness on the skin. However research by organisations like Harvard Medical School suggests an approximate timeline of two to three months for vitamin C products to have some visible effect on your skin.
Vitamin C is clearly a skincare essential that you can’t skip in your daily routine. Now that you know how important it is on a regular basis, it’s time to do a check and upgrade your ingredients at the earliest. Say goodbye to dull and lifeless skin, because glowing skin is on the way!