If you’re looking for a silicone-free cream to help you, we’ve listed down some natural alternatives for you as well. Here’s all you need to know to help you make the choice that’s best for you!
The best wrinkle is the one you never get!
What if we tell you… you can turn back the clock for your skin! When wrinkles, fine lines, dull skin, and other signs of ageing start to show, tackle the one that’s the most stubborn of them all – wrinkles! And what’s the best way to go about an anti-wrinkle treatment? Wrinkle patches! Maybe or maybe not. Confused? Well, here is all you need to know if you’re wondering how to get rid of wrinkles with wrinkle patches for face!
What are anti-wrinkle patches?
Do you use social media very often? If yes, you must have seen at least one video of people using wrinkle patches to fade away wrinkles on their face. According to Everyday Health, the term “wrinkle patch” has been viewed 1.2 billion times on TikTok – that’s a huge number, isn’t it? They are basically reusable strips that are placed over the forehead, neck, and under the eye. Let’s dig deeper into these miracle patches and see if they are the best choice for an effective, safe, and healthy overnight anti-wrinkle treatment.
How to use anti-wrinkle patches?
To describe the look and feel of an anti-wrinkle patch or face patch for wrinkles, it is a piece of adhesive paper, which can be worn overnight to keep the muscles of your face in place. When we think of a face cream or moisturising lotion, we know the ingredients are absorbed into your skin and work overnight to repair damaged skin cells and boost the production of collagen. When we say these patches work to keep your muscles in place, what exactly do we mean? They are made of silicone, more popularly suggested to heal post-surgery scars. The patches are like a supportive barrier that holds your skin together – your muscles, the lines and moisture underneath.
Now, are wrinkle patches safe for your skin and healthy in the long run? Let’s find out.
Are anti-wrinkle patches effective for getting rid of wrinkles?
Here’s what can help you if you’re thinking of using anti-wrinkle patches for anti-wrinkle treatment. To begin with, wrinkle patches for the face are made in a way to give you an instant binding of the skin’s fine lines, muscles, and moisture – quick hydration and new skin. This makes them the ideal choice in the lead up to an event, like a wedding or special party. Think of the patches like a spray tan session, short-term happiness in a quick, effective solution for wrinkles.
While most resort to wrinkle patches for face wrinkles and fine lines, a lot of us also get wrinkles on our body. As a result of exposure to the sun, and as natural signs of aging, they are prominent on the neck, hands, and forearms too. If you’re looking for long term rejuvenation for your skin, give the all-natural Coco Soul Body Butter or the revitalising Coco Soul Body Lotion a try.
How to get rid of wrinkles: Coco Soul Body Butter
- Powered with Virgin King Coconut Oil, shea butter, lodhra and Ayurvedic herbs, the Coco Soul Body Butter is 100% vegan, MadeSafe certified and made with 100% pure coconutty goodness.
- Virgin coconut oil promotes cellular repair and penetrates tenlayers deep into the skin to restore lost moisture and repair dry & damaged skin.
- Shea butter has intense nourishment properties, which make the skin soft, strengthen it and reduce the appearance of wrinkles!
- Lodhra tones the skin, nourishes it, and slows down the signs of ageing.
How to get rid of wrinkles: Coco Soul Body Lotion
- Powered with Virgin King Coconut Oil, sandalwood, welmi and Ayurvedic herbs, the Coco Soul Body Lotion is 100% vegan, MadeSafe certified and made with 100% pure coconutty goodness.
- Virgin coconut oil promotes cellular repair and penetrates 10 layers deep into the skin to restore lost moisture and repairs dry & damaged skin.
- Sandalwood has emollient properties, which aid in minimising age spots and reverse sun damage.
- Welmi, loaded with Vitamin C makes the skin glow with natural radiance.
Who should and shouldn't use anti-wrinkle patches?
Wrinkle patches for the face are made with medical-grade silicone, preventing the outside air from coming in. It draws up your skin’s natural moisture and gives the specific area on your skin a plumping effect and increases the flow of blood to this area on your skin. If you are hopping onto this ‘face taping’ trend of anti-wrinkle treatment, here’s what you should keep in mind:
- If you have sensitive skin or allergies, you may want to avoid patches as they tend to cause more redness and irritation than soothe your skin
- The active ingredient of retinol in some patches might make your skin more sensitive to the harmful ultraviolet radiation from the sun
- This is a big NO if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, as it may have harmful effects on those around you, if not on you!
We hope this article helped you see the effects – good and bad – of wrinkle patches for face. Although it helps you see how to use anti-wrinkle patches, we urge you to choose the best option for you. If you are diligent with your skin care regimen, the Coco Soul Body Butter and Lotion are a better fit. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a quick fix and an overnight solution, the anti-wrinkle patches are your go-to product. In either case, happy wrinkle-free smiles to you!
Frequently Asked Questions on Anti-Wrinkle Patches (FAQs)
How long do anti-wrinkle patches last?Wrinkle patches for face are good for an overnight quick-fix, but they can also last up to two weeks if stored properly. If you are looking for a long term wrinkle-free solution, your go-to is natural skin care products. Natural ingredients are free from silicone and chemicals, tighten your pores and tone your skin.
Are silicone wrinkle patches safe?Although topically applied silicone on the skin is considered to be safe by Sejal Shah, New York based dermatologist, in her interview with Klog (Korean beauty blog), it does not have long term benefits. What is silicone exactly? It acts as a synthetic and has chemical additives, and is derived from silica and other elements.
How do you clean silicone wrinkle pads?Using soap designed to tackle tough stains, extremely hot water with grease-fighting soap or liquid, or a heavy duty dish soap, soak the wrinkle pads for 20 minutes. You can also remove the white powdery residue from silicone by soaking it in distilled white vinegar for about 30 minutes.