The area under our eyes is especially in focus when we wake up in the morning. Those under-eye dark circles or swelling are visible signs of puffiness, dryness, and tiredness. . As we age, the skin under our eyes grows thinner and thinner, making this part of you the one that needs ultimate tender love, and care!
To do so, here’s an article to help you understand what an eye cream is, what are under eye cream benefits, and how you can include it into your skincare regime.
Why Do You Need An Eye Cream?
What does eye cream do for your face, or skin? When we talk about cream for the skin on your face, we’re talking about the different areas on your face where your skincare product can reach. With that logic in mind, we assume the cream works for the under-eye skin woes too, right? That isn’t always true, because the skin around your eyes is more fragile, prone to dryness, and sensitive in comparison. It tends to be drier than the skin all over your face, and hence, requires more moisturisation.
Before we move on to the benefits of an eye cream, let’s skim through the need of an eye cream – answering the five W’s of who may need it – how and when or for what or why you may need it.
A Good Eye Cream Is Important – Why
If you’re in your late 20s or early 30s, you have probably started seeing fine lines or crease lines develop on the skin around your eyes. You notice it while washing your face, while applying your makeup, or are generally concerned every time you look at it while following your skincare regimen. This is when you say to yourself, ‘This area needs my attention, and I need to learn how to apply an under-eye cream or understand when to apply under eye cream!’
Don’t worry, friend. We have you covered with some key issues an eye cream can solve next. Once you’re certain it can heal your issues, you’ll see a solution waiting for you at the end of this article.
Five Under Eye Cream Benefits!
Here are the top under-eye cream benefits to help you gauge how your skincare can benefit from the addition of this beauty salve.
- It reduces dark circles, while boosting the skin cell regeneration in that area by improving the circulation of blood vessels to it. This is effortless when your cream has ingredients with the goodness of Ayurveda.
- The signs of ageing, like fine lines and wrinkles, are in control if you use an eye cream. The skin is tightened, held together, hydrated, and brightened with a naturally formulated cream.
- A protective barrier is formed with a cream that strengthens your skin. It keeps your skin safe from the external particles of dust, pollution, makeup, and more.
- Hydration is key in skincare. The area under your eyes, or around your eyes, is begging for a little extra care – moisture, hydration, softness. This is what an eye cream helps with.
- Soothing, healing, and wellness-inducing solutions are always welcome in skincare! When your eye cream comes with an abundance of healing properties, it soon becomes a skincare favourite.
Tips On How To Use Under Eye Cream
Make the most of an eye cream by including it in your routine at the right step and choosing ingredients that are good for you.
Before you apply an under-eye cream
Whether it is for a daytime or night-time skincare routine, cleansing is always the first step. We recommend a natural, coconutty cleanser in the Revitalizing Face Wash by Coco Soul, which is bursting with freshness and the goodness of Ayurveda! This 100% pure, vegan, and cruelty-free cleanser is rich in gotukola, neem, and virgin coconut based oil. It hydrates your face, cleansing it without making it dry. And, right after this crucial step, is where you add your step of eye care.
- You can also refer to our blog section for the best skincare routines for dry, oily, or combination skin depending on your skin type and add your under eye cream to that routine!
How to apply an under-eye cream:
First, look for an eye cream that is kind to your skin, nourishes your under-eye skin, and brightens it with natural ingredients. The multi-tasking Coco Soul Melt-in Balm is a great choice, made with virgin coconut based oil and 100% pure coconuts! The beautifully fragrant, soothing balm, with its light-weight texture and powerful composition is the natural fix your under-eye needs! Here are the ingredients of this balm:
- Ayurveda’s revered ancient healer, Coconut or Narikela – Cocus nucifera is an ingredient that has been used for thousands of years. Pure tender coconut is a multi-miracle gem, which flushes out toxins and is extremely hydrating with a cooling effect. It also adds strength and controls sebum production.
- Ancient Ayurvedic wisdom calls Coconut Oil the 'elixir' that hydrates our skin. It is loaded with natural antioxidants and good fats that nurture the skin, fight dryness, and promote cellular repair.
- Once you have cleansed your face, and before you apply your moisturiser, you apply the eye cream. Using your fingers, scoop out a little balm and gently apply it onto the skin under your eyes. This is done with simply dabbing or tapping the balm above your cheekbones and under your eyes. Use this in your AM routine to instantly remove the puffiness under your eyes, and in your PM routine, to prevent signs of ageing.
Making an under-eye cream at home:
Your kitchen or pantry ingredients can be used to make this cream at-home with a simple recipe. A DIY alternative, for those of you looking for an at-home option, is this recipe that will eradicate your under-eye circles.
Cucumber and Mint Cream – Rich in vitamin K, cucumber reduces the darkening, and antioxidant-rich mint soothes the area of inflammation. Make your cooling cream with this recipe:
- Ingredients and Method – Blend one cucumber and a few mint leaves. Add three tablespoons of milk, one tablespoon of aloe vera gel, and three drops of almond oil to the mixture. Form a paste and apply it under your eyes, leaving it on for ten minutes, and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
For more recipes like this one, check out the article on ‘Homemade Eye Creams’ in Coco Soul’s blog section. Now that you know what makes an under-eye cream the skincare essential you’ve been missing, go ahead and include it in your routine to see the difference. In addition to the Melt-in Balm mentioned above, the natural, 100% vegan range of skincare can help enhance your routine. They are bottles of Ayurvedic goodness, waiting for you to try them!
Frequently Asked Questions on Under Eye Cream (FAQs)
Is eye cream necessary?When you learn how to use an under-eye cream, and its benefits, you will see how it is an all-in-one eyecare salve. The skin under our eyes is more fragile, thinner, and prone to dryness. To prevent fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, and the tiredness from showing on our face, an eye cream is an essential in skincare.
Which eye cream is best?Opting for a cream or balm which is infused with nature’s goodness in herbal ingredients is ideal. Natural nourishment and moisturisation is the safest way you can care for this tender skin under your eyes.
When should we use under eye cream?The under eye cream benefits listed above help you see why an eye cream is important. Now, when the benefits of an eye cream are the solution to your concerns is in your late 20s or early 30s – that is when your skin may start to show signs of ageing or begin to ask for a little more TLC.
Is an oil-based cream a good eye cream?The answer is yes – especially if it is an all-natural product. Your under-eye skin is generally drier than the rest of the skin on your face. This is what makes an oil-based cream the best option, as it does not strip away the skin’s existing moisture. It, in fact, further moisturises your skin, leaving it soft, supple, and smooth.