If you think that your daily hair care routine is sufficient for getting healthy hair, you are wrong. Well, what you consume can also have a major effect on your hair. You might not know, but even the common fruits are packed with essential nutrients your hair requires for a steady and fast growth.
Chief dermatologists and hair experts believe that hair fall can have varied causes like scalp infection, oxidative damage, heredity, lack of nutrients, and dandruff. Hence, consuming fruits good for hair can be highly advantageous as they are loaded with different proteins, minerals and vitamins, which protect scalp health and restore the natural shine of your tresses.
Including fruits for hair growth and thickness in your regular hair care routine along with a balanced diet is among the best ways to promote lustrous, longer and thicker locks.
Summary: Fruits are rich sources of all the right minerals and vitamins, and thus you must include them in your daily hair care regimen.
Why Are Fruits Such an Essential Part of Having Healthy Hair?
Serving as rich sources of all important vitamins, protein, fibre, potassium, and various other phytonutrients, fruits for healthy hair are highly effective in preventing hair fall. They nourish the hair deeply and thus, stimulate stronger and healthier hair growth by strengthening the hair roots.
Understanding the nutritious advantages of different fruits is crucial to ensure you are consuming the right fruits for hair growth.
Summary: While some fruits prevent hair fall, others promote healthy hair growth and make the hair healthy and strong.
What Are the Best Fruits for Hair Health and Why?
Here are the best fruits for hair health and the reasons why they are considered the best:
- Bananas are excellent sources of natural oils and potassium that make the hair manageable and soft. They even help protect natural hair elasticity, thus stopping split ends and hair breakage.
- Nutrient-rich papaya is one of the most excellent fruits for hair growth. Papaya helps prevent baldness while activating the hair follicles to boost hair growth. It even strengthens the hair from its roots.
- Avocados come enriched with iron, protein, niacin, phosphorus, lecithin, potassium, linoleic acid, vitamins A, B, C, and D and calcium. Thus, they make the best protein fruits for hair growth. They are great at treating alopecia caused by hormonal imbalances.
- Strawberries are infused with some of the most important minerals like manganese, copper, and magnesium. They are good at preventing fungal infections on the scalp. When you treat scalp infections carefully, it makes the hair follicles healthy, thus promoting hair growth.
Summary: Choose only the best fruits for hair growth and thickness, the ones loaded with nutrients and hair oil that give you lustrous and shiny hair.
Do Specific Hair Types Benefit from Different Fruits?
Besides the perfect hair care routine, a well-balanced diet including fruits and a healthy lifestyle are essential for healthy hair growth. Best fruits for hair growth do not just provide crucial nutrients for hair growth but also help detoxify the scalp tissue of free radicals.
Specific hair types can benefit from varied fruits but consume them in a balanced way. Eating fruits for hair growth is fine but consuming them in large amounts can lead to an insulin spike and trigger hair loss.
Summary: Know your hair type and then choose fruits for hair growth to treat your damaged hair. But consume in moderation.
How to Add More Fruits to Your Diet?
Consuming the best fruits for hair regularly helps you with hair growth and offer the nutrition your body requires to stay away from all kinds of infections. Adding fruits to your diet should be easy. But if you aren’t a big fan of fruits, here are some tips to sneak them into your diet:
- Keep a bowl of fruits within your easy reach while working so you can grab a piece whenever you are hungry
- Mix frozen berries or sliced fruits with cereals or yoghurt
- Add raisins, apples, and avocados to chicken or tuna salad
- Blend frozen or fresh fruit, yoghurt, and fruit juices to make delicious smoothies
- Add fresh or dried fruits for hair to your waffles, pancakes, and oatmeal as toppings
Summary: Adding more fruits good for hair to your regular diet is one of the best ways of improving your nutrition.
Fruits that are good for hair not only nourish your hair but your entire body. Hence, start consuming fruits good for hair growth to avoid issues like hair loss and hair damage. While fruits will take care of nourishment on the inside, you can nourish your hair from the outside with the Coco Soul multipurpose oil for hair and skin. Free of any parabens, chemicals, mineral oils and perfume, this 100% natural oil has the goodness of shea butter, coconut, wheatgerm oil, rosehip oil and flaxseed oil to reduce hair fall and nourish the scalp. It can help you repair nearly 50% of hair damage by penetrating almost fully into the scalp and hair roots.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which fruits are good for hair growth?Consuming different fruits for hair growth and thickness boosts hair health because they contain all the important nutrients needed for this purpose. The best fruits for hair growth are apples, oranges, strawberries, bananas, pineapples, and avocados.
Which fruit juice is good for hair?Different types of fruit juices can serve as beneficial for hair. Incorporating fruit juices like onion, kiwi and aloe vera in your regular diet can perfectly fulfil your hair care requirements. Fruit juices ensure fast absorption of important nutrients into our bodies, giving quicker results.
What should I eat to stop hair fall?Having a balanced diet can help you stop hair fall. Including different types of fruits good for hair and foods in your diet like carrots, eggs, apples, spinach, kiwi, and beans ensure your hair is strong right from its roots and remains like that because of the nutritional fortification offered through these foods.