Acne can be highly stubborn, and treating them can become really distressing and frustrating. And if that wasn’t the worst thing, these pimples leave behind ugly scars, which are really tough to remove and ruin our whole appearance. And in the process of doing treatment for this, we often opt for temporary solutions that only damage our skin. So the question is: How can we treat acne in the best way? The answer is acne Ayurvedic treatment.
Ayurveda works wonders in removing acne and other skin woes. What’s more, it not only treats skin and its issues but also maintains body doshas. In other words, it respects every individual's uniqueness by maintaining body, mind and spirit levels.
Ayurveda recommends remedies made with 100% natural herbs and ingredients that cause no harmful side effects. Simply put, it is an effective way of promoting health in natural ways. However, if you still doubt the benefits or what Ayurvedic remedies for acne can do, then here is everything you need to know.
Acne explained according to Ayurveda
Searching for Ayurvedic remedies for acne scars won’t be enough if you stay unaware of its causes. According to Ayurveda, a hallmark of good health is clear and glowing skin. And any issue of skin is caused because of imbalance in the three doshas- Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
An imbalance in Vata leads to blackheads. Whereas inflammation, toxins in the skin, redness and painful pimples are caused due to an imbalance in Pitta. On the other hand, cystic acne occurs due to excess dampness in the body and falls under Kapha imbalance.
Ayurvedic remedies to fight acne
Are you tired of trying chemical-laden products and methods that fail to provide any positive results? These treatments might provide you with temporary solutions, but to get rid of acne and keep it at bay, you need an effective alternative. Here are Ayurvedic treatments for pimples that are easy to follow and also less time consuming:
- Coriander seeds
- In a bowl, add equal amounts of Coriander seeds, Amla, Fennel, Basil and Turmeric.
- Grind all the ingredients to make a fine powder.
- Now, take half a teaspoon of this powder and mix it with lukewarm water.
- Drink it 15 minutes before lunch and dinner. This is a helpful acne Ayurvedic treatment.
Disclaimer: Check if you are allergic to the ingredients or not. Or else, try the other remedies mentioned below.
- Turmeric powder
- Rose water
- Firstly, clean your face using a cleanser that’s made with natural ingredients and safe to apply to the skin. You can try the Ayurvedic face wash by CocoSoul. It is 100% vegan, equipped with the benefits of organic herbs, and is free from sulfate, paraben, silicone, and other chemical impurities.
- Now mix turmeric powder and rose water to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste gently to your skin and let it dry.
- Once the pack is dry, rinse it off and pat your skin dry.
- Aloe vera
- Take aloe vera gel or juice.
- Apply it directly to the affected area.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Either wash it away, or you can also leave it on your face overnight.
Aloe vera is another best natural remedy. You can directly extract the gel from the fresh aloe vera leaves or use natural products infused with it. You can also try Ayurvedic pimple creams enriched with aloe vera gel, after consulting with your doctor.
Best Ayurvedic treatments or creams for pimples
- Ayurvedic herbs- Herbs like Shalmali, Chandana, Turmeric, Vacha, and Kushta are beneficial for acne. However, Neem and Guduchi are the best ingredients for Ayurvedic treatment for pimples.
- Ayurvedic creams- As there are many Ayurvedic pimple creams available these days, make sure to choose one that has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. You can also make Tulsi paste or Basil paste as they are effective when it comes to acne.
- Ayurvedic Oil- There are a wide variety of Ayurvedic products for acne. And one such product is an Ayurvedic oil, such as sesame oil, which balances all the doshas. Besides, you can also use Manjistha oil or capsules as it has many skin benefits and can treat your skin from within.
Exfoliate your skin- Another great Ayurvedic tip for pimples is to exfoliate your skin gently. You can use lemon juice and sugar to make a DIY scrub at home. Here’s how you can make it - mix the ingredients and add a few drops of honey to make the scrub. However, lemon is a strong ingredient and can react on your skin, so do a patch test before applying this scrub. However, if you don’t want to go for this DIY scrub, you can invest in the Ayurvedic CocoSoul face scrub to get rid of the dead skin. This scrub is packed with the benefits of sandalwood, Venivel, and virgin king coconut oil and is made with only organic herbs, which makes it safe to apply to the skin.
- A pro tip in ayurvedic treatment for pimples is to avoid oily, sour and spicy foods.
- Keep washing your face frequently with soap-free herbal face washes. You can check out the range of vegan face washes at CocoSoul. They are free from any chemical impurities, thus keeping your face fresh always.
- Keep yourself hydrated and maintain healthy eating habits.
- Avoid irritant cosmetics and other superficial methods.
- Do not squeeze the acne lesions.
- Also, do not try too many Ayurvedic home remedies for pimples. Instead, make sure what works for you best or seek help under Ayurvedic doctor guidelines.
What is the best Ayurvedic medicine for acne?The best Ayurvedic medicine for acne are herbs in Ayurvedic such as Manjistha, Kushta, Chandana, Lodhra, Vacha and Sariba.
Can Ayurveda cure acne?Yes, Ayurveda not only cures acne but will also maintain your overall health and solve skin issues. However, you need to understand that transformations don't happen overnight. So instead of hastening the process, follow proper guidelines as recommended by an Ayurvedic doctor.
How can I remove pimples naturally and permanently using Ayurvedic remedies?Ayurveda offers helpful treatment for acne. So whether you use turmeric remedy or aloe vera remedy, make sure you follow it twice a week. Besides, don't use chemical products or opt for superficial treatments. So with proper care and effort, you can remove pimples naturally and permanently treat pimples under Ayurvedic remedies.