Summer is a joyous holiday season for everyone but no one likes the scorching heat. It causes skin disorders like skin patches, hyperpigmentation, sunburn, tanning and more. This is simply because the UV radiation depletes the moisture content of the skin making it pale and damaged. Guess you are thinking of avoiding going outside in the summer because you are afraid of getting tanned? Well, it's time not to freak out anymore.
It is true to all facts that we cannot resist going out in the summer as we get summer offs, and nature calls us for refreshments. Who wants to miss the beach on a summer day? Nobody. But how do you de-tan? You must have already tried numerous cosmetics, which ended up offering nothing in return, right? But have you ever tried Ayurvedic remedies, which you can prepare at home, and still don’t get involved in any side effects? If not, then stick to the post till the end, as we’ll cover all those amazing remedies for you.
Take Away from this help post:
The best de-tan home remedy that suits you the best. For many years, Ayurveda has been considered an excellent healer when it comes to curing skin tanning problems. Why? Because Ayurvedic remedies or products are enriched with 100% natural ingredients and herbs that cause no side effects or damage to the skin. So, with Ayurveda, you can freely roam out in the sun and relax at your favourite beach destination. However, if you still doubt the effectiveness of Ayurvedic remedies or treatments, then here is what you need to know.
Why does skin get tanned?
Sometimes, knowing Ayurvedic remedies to remove sun tan is not enough when you don't know the causes. It is essential to get to the bottom of the cause so that you can treat it in a more efficient manner. So why does your skin get tanned? Here are some reasons you should know:
- Exposure to sun- The rate of skin damage caused by ultraviolet rays grows as the ozone layer gets depleted. When the sun's UV rays (UVA and UVB rays) boost the rates of melanin synthesis (a protective shield against sun damage), our skin gets tanned.
- Chlorine water- Although chlorine water does not make you tan directly, it is still a contributing factor. Chlorine is bad for the skin as it affects our epidermal barrier, protecting us from environmental damage. And when the skin barrier gets affected, it makes your skin sensitive. As a result, chlorine water promotes skin tanning.
- Ayurvedic explanation- Our body functions are governed by three doshas- Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Any imbalance in these three doshas can make our body prone to several diseases, including skin issues.
The Bhrajaka Pitta, which Pitta Dosha governs, is responsible for regulating body temperature and skin pigmentation. And when Bhrajaka Pitta is overexposed to the sun, it triggers melanin production, and our skin gets tanned.
Ayurvedic remedies to remove sun tan
Looking for home remedies for skin tan? Ayurveda has multiple benefits to offer through several treatments. If you want to remove tan from your feet, neck, arms, hands or face, Ayurvedic is the solution to all of them. So, here are some top remedies that are not only less time consuming but are also easy to follow:
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Honey
- In a bowl, squeeze out the juice from a fresh lemon. Then add honey to it.
- Mix it well and make a paste. Now, apply the mixture to your face gently.
- Let it sit for around 30 minutes before washing off with a mild cleanser.
- You can also add sugar to this mixture to make a scrub for cleaning dead cells from the surface. In case you don’t have time to make this remedy, you can use the organic scrub by CocoSoul. It is equipped with organic herbs and is purely chemical-free. The scrub is made of sandalwood, virgin coconut oil, and Venivel, which keep your face clean and fresh throughout the day and don't let the sun rays affect it.
- Coconut milk
- Cotton ball
- Take some fresh and organic coconut milk.
- Then, soak a cotton ball into it and dab it all over the face.
- Let it sit on the face until it dries completely.
- Then wash it off with a cleanser. You can try the mild Ayurvedic cleanser by CocoSoul, which is powered by virgin king coconut oil and is free from paraben, minerals, silicone, and other chemical impurities to keep your skin rejuvenating. Furthermore, you can also use coconut cream as an effective ayurvedic tan removal cream.
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Besan
- 1 tsp Curd/milk
- In a bowl, add turmeric powder, besan and curd or milk.
- Mix it well to form a smooth paste and apply it gently and evenly to your face.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Besides, you can also use any ayurvedic tan removal cream after consulting with a doctor.
- Multani mitti
- Aloe vera gel
- Turmeric powder
- Rose water
- In a bowl, add Multani Mitti, turmeric powder and the aloe vera gel. Then mix thoroughly.
- Also add some rose water to it.
- Apply as a pack on your face gently.
- Let it dry on your face and wash it with fresh water.
How to prevent sun tanning with Ayurveda?
- Buttermilk- A great de-tan home remedy is to use tangy buttermilk. It is a traditional way of removing sun tan. It has healing properties that fade, lighten and repair sun tan.
- Nalpamaradi Thailam- Massaging with this Ayurvedic oil is another best way to remove tan. It comes with rich ingredients and is a rich source of vitamin K.
- Kumkumadi Oil - This is another Ayurvedic recipe that helps remove tan as it has beneficial properties.
- Wear sunscreen the moment you step out, even on a cloudy day.
- Wear protective clothing such as scraps and caps. Besides, you can also use umbrellas.
- Try staying indoors during peak hours and avoid direct sun.
- Stay hydrated and apply oil or aloe vera gel before stepping into the pool.
- However, based on your doshas levels, it is better to consult an Ayurvedic doctor to know about the Ayurvedic remedies to remove sun tan or any skincare regime.
Which Ayurvedic ingredient is best for tan removal?Shatavari and Gotukola are the best tan removal Ayurvedic remedy as it not only removes tan but also helps more effectively, in balancing body doshas.
Can Ayurveda remove sun tan permanently?Yes, Ayurveda can permanently remove tan, but only if you follow home remedies for skin tan effectively and with proper care.
What is the best Ayurvedic tan removal cream?The nourishing Body Lotion from Coco Soul is the best Ayurvedic tan removal cream. It can help to offer your skin the nourishment it deserves besides keeping it hydrated throughout.