- What makes hair weak in the summer?
- How to take care of hair in summer at home
- Tips for strong hair
You are not alone if you notice that you lose more hair during the summer. Summer may be the finest time for a vacation, but it's not the best time for our hair, as the sweaty, wavy strands we're left with seem unkempt. But that doesn't mean you have to give up and let your hair fall out. Understanding the underlying cause of hair loss, utilising potent natural therapies, and using the best-suited hair products will prevent hair loss and make your hair frizz-free, lustrous, and voluminous. So let's start by learning how to make hair strong from the roots and determining the underlying cause of this problem.
What makes hair weak in the summer?
Summer promotes hair loss due to heat, chlorine, saltwater, and sun exposure. Hair can become brittle, dry, and prone to damage in summer. Hair follicles that survive all year are no longer needed for solar protection. Thus, they fall out. As a result, you may find that your hair falls out a lot in the summer. Here is a list of some major causes of hair fall during summers and read on to know how to make hair strong from the roots further in this article.
- Humidity - The summer heat and humidity can destroy the outer layer of your hair called the cuticle. As a result, your hair could become frizzy, brittle and develop split ends.
- Scorching sun rays - Overexposure to the sun’s harmful rays triggers a chemical process, destroying the melanin in your hair. It also damages hair proteins like keratin, making them weaker and more prone to breakage.
- Swimming pool - According to research published in The New York Times, a team of researchers studied 67 expert swimmers and 54 nonswimmers. The researchers discovered that 61 per cent of the swimmers had evidence of hair darkening, but none of the nonswimmers did. This happened due to the presence of chlorine in swimming pool water.
While these factors are a matter of concern, the good news is that none of the causes is out of your control. You can try some techniques to repair the damage and show off your finest hair. And what can be better than homemade organic procedures to revitalise the hair? The below tips for strong hair will not only strengthen your hair but will also beautify it naturally. So, here are some summer hair care tips that you can follow at home to make your hair strong from the roots.
How to take care of hair in summer at home
According to Ayurveda, hair loss is caused by the aggravation of Pitta Dosha, which may be exacerbated by hot weather. Covering your hair in the sun or using shampoo every time you get out of the pool may not help much. However, a few traditional DIY treatments and tips for strong hair may be able to help you recover the shine, prevent premature greying, and strengthen the roots. Here is how to make hair strong from the roots -
- Herbal oils - Herbal oils contain extracts of Indian plants such as amla and rose petals. Bhringraj-enriched oils with amla, hibiscus, and neem, as well as Hair Oil with Bahrami, Amalaki, hibiscus, and rose, might be beneficial to the hair. It's best to oil your hair twice a week and then wash it with shampoo. Washing your hair more regularly may deprive it of its natural oils and inhibit proper development.
- Aloe vera - Aloe vera, believe it or not, can treat hair loss and scalp issues. It contains proteolytic enzymes that help repair damaged cells and promote follicle health. Furthermore, aloe vera offers anti-inflammatory qualities that might alleviate scalp inflammation. It also has antifungal effects that might help with dandruff. Follow this aloe vera recipe for strong hair during summers:
- Buy aloe vera gel or scrape some off of the stem of a plant.
- Massage the pulp into your hair and scalp for about an hour.
- Repeat 3-4 times per week to promote hair growth.
- Amla - Amla includes a lot of important fatty acids, which help to build hair follicles and give your hair strength and shine. Amla also has a lot of vitamin C, which helps to prevent premature greying. Its high iron concentration, as well as its powerful antioxidants, gallic acid, and carotene content, increase blood circulation around the scalp, stimulating hair growth. There is a simple home cure for hair loss that uses amla:
- Make a paste using lime juice and amla powder.
- Apply it generously to your hair and scalp.
- Wear a shower cap to prevent the paste from drying out.
- Rinse it off after an hour.
- Natural hair cleanser - The best summer hair care tips are to cleanse your hair thoroughly without using harsh ingredients. Use pure, organic chemical and sulphate free hair cleanser enriched with coconut oil, Godapara and Kikirndiya. Coconut oil can prevent protein loss in both damaged and healthy hair. Godapara is commonly used to cleanse and soothe an itchy and flaky scalp and cure dandruff. It also aids in the strengthening of the roots while detangling tangled hair. Kikirindiya, when incorporated in a pure hair cleanser, helps prevent baldness. This plant promotes hair growth by increasing blood circulation in the scalp. It also efficiently heals dandruff and hair loss on the scalp.
With all the above natural summer hair care techniques, you can make your hair shine even during the hottest days of the year.
Tips for strong hair
If you are wondering how to make hair strong from the roots apart from using the above DIY hacks, then there are everyday hair care routines also that you can follow for stronger, healthier and glossier hair:
- Cut down the use of heat styling - It’s recommended to hold the hairdryer about six inches away from your hair and keep the device moving to prevent hair drying damage.
- Natural oils - Increasing blood flow to your hair follicles by increasing blood circulation in your scalp may improve the health and condition of your scalp. You may message with coconut or avocado oil.
- Natural hair cleansers - Use mild yet powerful shampoo free of harsh chemicals, sulphate, and paraben. Wash off the dirt accumulated due to sweat and enhance the hair texture.
- Diet - Finally, your hair needs appropriate nutrition to grow. As a result, it's critical to address the root cause of hair loss by eating a balanced diet rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
If you're worried about how to take care of your hair in the summer, there are a few natural homemade DIYs that can help you avoid hair fall and the stress that comes with it. However, the best solution would be to get organic, high-quality, chemical-free hair products from a trusted source. Bestow the blessings of mother nature to your hair with Coco Soul’s natural hair & scalp cleanser powered with the potency of virgin king coconut oil and miraculous ayurvedic ingredients such as Godapara and Kikirindiya.
So, transform your hair with the goodness of naturally powerful products by Coco Soul
Does hair get damaged in summer?Yes, due to long hours of exposure to sunlight, the protein in the hair follicle, Keratin, gets damaged, causing rough, frizzy hair. Also, humidity during summers causes itching, leading to weak hair follicles that are prone to breakage.
How can I protect my hair from hot weather?Soothe your hair with herbal products. Fight off itching by keeping the hair clean during humid summers. After returning from the swimming pool, wash off and use homemade DIYs to revitalise the hair.
Should you wash your hair every day in summer?Extremely dry hair does not need to be washed every day or even every other day. Rather, washing your hair less frequently will assist in protecting the natural oils in your scalp and keeping your hair nourished. People with greasy hair may choose to wash their hair on alternate days.
How to make hair strong from the roots?Cut down the heat styling seasons. Use natural products and wash your hair whenever necessary. Apply homemade hair masks or consider a herbal hair oil massage with Coconut oil, Bhringraj, Aloe-vera or Amla enriched oils.