Gorgeous, curly hair is the dream of many girls. Some girls may have been born with beautiful long curly hair and others with short curls, but it is rare to have natural rings.
Girls who don't have curly hair sometimes opt for heat and chemical treatments to make their hair artificially curled.
But in this way, they are damaging their hair follicles. As a result, the overall health of hair gets compromised. Don’t worry, we'll discuss how you can get natural curly hair. We'll also talk about ways to style curly hair and maintain long curly hair and short curly hair.
Why is it terrible to use heat and chemicals on your naturally curly hair?
We often use straighteners, blowers, chemicals and other artificial products to style our naturally curly hair without understanding the after-effects. Heat effects from straighteners, curlers, blowers, etc., definitely help style your hair. But long-term use of these products is dangerous for your overall hair health- so it’s wise that you get to know how to maintain your curly hair the right way.
Similarly, a few hair styling products also have some hazardous elements like parabens, Triethanolamine, Sodium Lauryl sulphate, Formaldehyde etc., which are terrible for your hair. Using these products for a prolonged period to style your long curly hair or short wavy hair will cause severe damage.
Over time, your hair will lose its strength to come back into a natural shape. It can also cause telltale signs like brittle hair, hair breakage, hair loss, damaged looking hair, etc. So, our tip is to always style and maintain your hair with natural products and styles.
Tips for maintaining and styling curly hair without heat or chemical products:
Now, that you are aware of the severe damage that chemicals and heat styling products may cause- you must be searching for the natural ways how to style curly hair. Well, after getting an idea about the severe damage that chemicals and heat styling products may cause to your hair, you’ll indeed search for the natural ways how to style your curly hair. There are many ways to get a beautiful hairstyle for your curly hair naturally, where you can even maintain the health of your hair.
- Curly girl method: This hairstyle came from the story of Curly Girl Handbook, written by Lorraine Massey. The contents of the book explain hair care for naturally curly hair. You can use the tips presented in these books to get the best care tips and best hairstyles for curly hair.
The curly girl method will influence you to go with the natural treatments with your hair for getting beautiful curls, whether you want short curly hairstyles or want to treat the extended circles.
Prevent use of Silicone: Silicone products build an artificial plastic-like exterior to your hair, which prevents your hair from absorbing natural moisture and goodness of conditioning, leading to damaged hair. You must stop using these artificial silicone products to maintain a natural healthy curl.
- Prevent sulphate use: Like silicone, using sulphate products can also cause severe damage to your curly hair. Sulphate is a harsh surfactant used in some chemical shampoos that may cause extreme dryness to your curly hair. So it is always advisable to choose shampoos that are sulphate free.
Stop Wax or paragon uses: Paragon and wax hairstyle in products can also build a barrier against your hair strands that will prevent your hair from absorbing moisturiser, causing hair damage.
Consider using products with a natural substance that will not cause any harm or damage to your hair. The CocoSoul shampoo comes loaded with the goodness of virgin coconut oil and other Ayurvedic natural ingredients like Godapara & Kikirindiya, which are extremely good for your hair. It is also free from any harmful chemicals.
- Stop brushing dry hair: Excessive brushing of dry hair can cause fridge and dryness. You must consider brushing your hair when it is a little moist or wet.
- Use conditioners: Using conditioners will provide more beautiful effects to make your curls look more natural and beautiful. Try using Coco Soul conditioner, which is made with natural Virgin King Coconut Oil and the magic of Keekirindiya and Godapara.
- Try Co-Washing: Instead of using harsh chemical-added shampoos, wash your hair with only conditioners, which is called co-washing. Coco Soul Conditioner is free from harmful Silicones, Mineral Oil, Paraben & Sulphate that can naturally bounce your wavy hair.
- Use rice water rinse: Rice water rinse will add natural goodness to your short or long curly hair, making your hair soft and healthy. It will also give your hair more strength as it closes the hair cuticles, making it more robust and long.
Also, to style your naturally curly hair without damaging it, you can consider the following aspects and learn how to style your curly hair the most appropriately.
- Tie your hair at night
- Use aloe vera gel if your hair is curly
- Cut your hair short when it is required
- Use a microfibre towel to dry your hair
- Don't wash out all the conditioners from your hair
- Refresh your hair with water spray instead of frequent washing
- Limit the use of hair styling products and chemicals
- Try to air to maintain your curls
Hairstyles for curly-haired people:
For the best hairstyles for curly hair, you may consider the following things:
- Ceramic Straighteners: Use ceramic plate-based straighteners instead of other hair straighteners.
- Air drying: While drying your curly hair, let it air dry for as long as possible, and after that, you can use a blow dryer with a diffuser to style your curly hair.
- Proper use of hairbrush: For smoother, softer, shiny, and frizz-free polished curly hair, try using a hairbrush for two minutes at night.
- Use headbands: Grab a headband to style your curly hair.
- Natural oils: You can make any hairstyle with your curly hair if it’s strong enough. Use natural essence-infused oils to style your hair for bouncy and robust hair. Coco Soul Extra Virgin Coconut Hair Oil is cruelty-free and natural as they extract it from freshly harvested coconut trees. It has vitamin E, almond oil, jojoba oil and argan oil to hydrate and moisturise your scalp and promote healthy hair growth.
Now, you know how to maintain curly hair properly after considering the above tips and tricks. Also, you must know your face shape, hair type and curl pattern to choose the best hairstyles for curly hair. We will always advise you to go with the natural processes and avoid using artificial products and harsh chemicals. Every type of curly hair is beautiful.; cherish it with love and proper care.
How to find out your curl pattern?There are different types of curly hair patterns, such as textured curls, coily hair, kinky, wavy, and more. Identify curly hair with an S-shaped texture of your hair. Prominent the S shape is, the career is your hair. Sometimes your curly hair may look like spring giving it a zigzag pattern to your overall hair.
What makes curly hair curly?
Use conditioners once in a while to keep your curls healthy. You can always choose sponge rollers or hairpins to make your hair curlier. Other than that, you can also opt for using curl creams to make your curly hair look more beautiful and curly.
How do I bring out my natural curls:
- Bring out your natural curls
- Use sulphate-free shampoos
- Choose co-washing instead of sampling your hair
- Use Silk pillowcases to sleep
- Limit the use of hairbrush on dry hair
- Secure your hair ends with frequent haircuts to keep them healthy
- Try natural ingredient based hair products and always dry your hair