Just like the flaring popularity of memes and IGTV across social media, veganism is the recent buzzword in town as a new way of life. And while this effort of shunning animal cruelty in all forms has been followed in clothing and food for quite a while now, the beauty industry has picked it up too.
Often, we do not know about the ingredients present in our beauty routine. While the labels do list the names of the ingredients, it is never clear how and where they are extracted from. You might be a staunch advocate of a vegan diet and animal welfare, but it would be unfortunate if you are using products that have animal extracts in them. Which is why, if you believe in animal welfare, vegan beauty is the way, without a doubt. If you can resonate with what we say, here is a small guide on why you should include vegan products in your beauty regimen.
What are vegan products?
Vegan products are free from any animal ingredient, animal by-product or animal-derived products. They are made from natural ingredients and are totally plant-based.
Why should you use vegan products?
1. They are good for the skin
Vegan products are rich in Vitamins A, E and C which makes them highly nutritious for your skin and hair. They are enriched with minerals and antioxidants that repair your skin and scalp and solve common beauty issues. While vegan skincare is good for normal skin, it is highly effective for sensitive skin due to its soothing nature and pure plant based ingredients.
2. They are free from animal parts
Many beauty products are made from dead animal parts like insects extracts, uric acid from cows, etc. Some of the animal based ingredients used in beauty products are beeswax, gelatin, cholesterol, etc., which are extracted from animals. When you use vegan beauty products, you can be assured that no animal has been hurt, killed or exploited for your needs.
3. They are great for the environment
Vegan skincare products are cruelty-free and free from chemicals as well. When you use vegan products, while you save your skin and hair from harmful chemicals, you also protect the animals and the environment. Natural as they are, no harmful chemicals are washed off in the drain when you use vegan hair products or skin products.
4. They help you support animal welfare
Switching to vegan skincare routine helps vegan brands boost their sales. When you use vegan products, you support their endeavour of creating a world where no animals are hurt.
Looking for a beauty brand that makes high-quality vegan products? Look no further, for Coco Soul is the one you are looking for. Coco Soul, an au natural beauty brand, believes that mother nature has the solution for all your beauty woes. The products from Coco Soul are 100% vegan, cruelty-free and also certified by Madesafe. You can try the following vegan products from Coco Soul -
- Coco Soul Hair & Scalp Cleanser: Free from any animal-derived ingredients, this hair shampoo gently washes off the dirt and pollution, balances scalp oil, unclogs hair follicles, and strengthens hair roots. Made from virgin coconut oil and natural ingredients in its core, this natural shampoo nourishes your scalp and washes off dirt gently without causing dryness. It contains -
- Virgin coconut oil - Loaded with fatty acids and antioxidants, it nourishes the scalp and nurtures the roots.
- Godapara - An organic herb, it soothes the itchy and flaky scalp and strengthens the hair.
- Kikirindiya - It boosts blood circulation in the scalp, treats dandruff and hair fall and promotes hair growth.
- Coco Soul Face Scrub: Made entirely from natural plant-based ingredients, this natural face scrub removes dead skin, sebum and dirt from your skin. It unclogs your pores and purges skin impurities without causing any lingering dryness giving you even-toned, clear, and flawless skin. It contains -
- Sandalwood - Revered in eastern culture, it reduces the oxidative stress in the skin, minimizes age spots, and reverses sun damage.
- Virgin coconut oil - Called an elixir in Ayurveda, it hydrates and nurtures the skin.
- Venivel - It gently exfoliates your dead skin, removes excess oil, and renews your skin.
Coco Soul products are free from chemicals like sodium chloride, sulphates, silicones, parabens, DEA, formaldehyde, petroleum, etc. Even Coco Soul's face wash is vegan. It is also free from harmful chemicals like parabens. To learn more about this chemical-free face wash, head over to out blog on the benefits of paraben free face wash.
Vegan products might be hard to procure, but they are highly effective. They are derived from plants and are highly nutritional for your skin and hair. They contain vitamins and minerals which not only solve your beauty woes but also give you beautiful hair and radiant skin. Yes, it might happen that their results are not instant, but you should be assured that animal-free beauty products do only good and nothing else. So make a new start today, and head over to the Coco Soul website to shop for vegan beauty today.
Check out our blog on the benefits of organic skin care products to learn more about Coco Soul's organic and natural products.
Frequently Asked Questions on Vegan Skincare
1. Are vegan hair products better?
Vegan products are free from chemicals and devoid of any animal ingredients. This makes them safe for the environment and your hair too, therefore, vegan hair products are better.
2. What does it mean when a product is vegan?
When a product is vegan, it is free from animal ingredients, animal by-product or animal based ingredients. No animal is hurt or killed in making vegan products.
3. Does vegan mean all-natural?
Yes, vegan means all-natural. Vegan products are made from natural ingredients, are free from chemicals and devoid of any animal ingredients.