- How to remove Colours from your Skin and Face?
- How Long should you let Holi Colours stay on Your Face?
- Steps to follow after removing Colours?
- How do Holi colours harm your face, and how to pick colours that won't harm your skin?
We hope you had a blast and celebrated Holi 2023 with utmost zeal and excitement. While you had crazy amounts of fun, now it’s time to let your skin breathe. Performing proper skincare after Holi is crucial to ensure that the exposure to sun, dirt and chemicals in colour do not cause a breakout on your skin.
Today, we have created a post-Holi skin care regime for you that will ensure that you can go out to work without any annoying pimples or irritation on your skin. Moreover, don’t worry if you forgot to follow pre-Holi skin care and suffer from damage to your skin, this regime will help revive your skin.
How to remove Colours from your Skin and Face?
The first and most crucial step in the post-Holi skin care regime is removing the colours from your face and other parts of your body correctly. Here are a few steps to follow when pampering your skin post-Holi celebration:
- Use a foamy face wash such as the Coco Soul Face Wash that comes with coconut, neem and other natural ingredients and gently massage your skin to remove dirt, colours and excess oil. It is vital to use an all-natural face wash as it will help you avoid contact with more chemicals while retaining moisture.
- Avoid using warm water on your face as it might not be very effective. On the other hand, cold water is more effective in washing colours.
- Moreover, do not excessively scrub your face as it may dry out your skin and make it itchier.
- If you're having trouble removing colour from your skin, use coconut based oil as it will loosen the colour and make it easier to remove. You can also try Coco Soul Melt Balm for Skin and Hair which is 100% natural and cruelty-free.
- Post cleaning your face, apply a good moisturiser to your skin to avoid dryness and itching due to sweat, dirt and colours.
How Long should you let Holi Colours stay on Your Face?
Holi colours are generally made from chemicals and have impurities that can harm your skin. Ideally, the colours should be removed from your face as soon as possible and should not be left on the face overnight.
Once the colour starts drying, it will absorb the moisture from your skin and make it dry. Moreover, the chemicals in the colours can cause rashes and acne to the skin. Hence, it is critical to remove the colour from your face and other parts of your body using water and a mild foaming face wash.
Steps to follow after removing Colours?
After removing colours from your skin, you should perform a few more steps as a part of skincare after Holi. The constant exposure to colours, UV rays and dirt, will leave your skin dry and unnourished. You can follow these DIY remedies to get clear and healthy skin post-Holi:
Besan and CurdBoth besan and curd have antibacterial properties and provide you with a practical and cheap face pack. To make this pack, add two tablespoons of curd and two tablespoons of besan in a bowl. Add a few drops of rose water and mix the ingredients well till you get a smooth paste. Apply it thoroughly on the affected skin. Wash the paste off once it dries.
Lemon and CurdLemon and curd is another DIY home pack to remove the colours and exfoliate the skin. Add 1-2 tablespoons of curd to 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice and mix it well. Apply it to your face and leave it for 15 minutes and take a bath.
Turmeric Face MaskTurmeric has several skincare benefits and is known majorly for its skin brightening properties. You can use water, curd or milk with turmeric and make a face mask with one tablespoon of turmeric. Apply the paste to your face for 15 minutes and clean it later.
These DIY face masks will help clean your face and restore moisture after Holi.
How do Holi colours harm your face, and how to pick colours that won't harm your skin?
Holi colours have toxic chemicals that can hurt your skin and extract moisture. Moreover, prolonged contact between colour and the skin will result in dry skin as the colours will absorb all the natural moisture from your skin.
It is vital to use only natural Holi colours free from chemicals. Moreover, opt for dry Holi colours over wet as they are harder to clean and more harmful to your skin.
These are some of the best post-Holi skin care tips that will help you restore your skin's natural glow and texture post a fun and exciting day. We advise you to use only natural products during the skincare regime to avoid irritating the skin.
What should we apply on our faces after Holi?To remove the pesky colour from your face, apply Coco Soul's Multipurpose oil, which will make it easier for you to remove the colour and simultaneously nourish the skin.
How can we protect our skin after Holi?After removing the colour from your skin using a light foaming face wash, apply moisturiser to your skin or coconut oil to restore its natural glow. You can also make DIY face packs using turmeric, curd, besan and lemon for restoring your skin's glow.
Is it better to use wet or dry Holi colours?Wet Holi colours tend to stick with your face for longer and contain more chemicals. On the other hand, dry colours are easier to remove and are comparatively safer to use.