On a daily basis, we hear a lot about hair care products that can work wonders on our tresses. But how do you pick one that suits you the best? Beautiful fragrance, creamy texture, gorgeous after effects - looking for these factors is fine. But these shouldn’t be the only deciding factors. Instead you should ask - is your hair product chemical-free, paraben-free, sulphate-free, cruelty-free and most importantly, is it enriched with the essential vitamins that help hair growth. Talking about the latter, how do you identify which vitamins are good for your tresses? We’re here to tell you all about it.
Best Vitamins For Hair Growth
You must have heard a lot about the role of nutrients, especially vitamins on your hair, but what vitamins are good for the hair, we’ll discuss it today. We’ve put together a list of some of the best hair vitamins that your hair care products and daily diet should include:
- Vitamin B- Vitamin B, also known as Biotin, helps with the overall health of your hair. There are different kinds of Vitamin B, which are suitable for the health of the hair, these range from Vitamin B1- Vitamin B3, B5, and so on. Biotin helps strengthen the overall quality of your hair and makes it stronger. You will find Vitamin B in green leafy vegetables and nuts. They contain red blood cells, which carry oxygen and nutrients to the scalp. Vitamin B is one of the best vitamins that promote hair growth.
- Vitamin C- This is also one of the best hair vitamins out there. It reduces oxidative stress and helps your scalp absorb iron, which is good for the hair’s overall quality. According to the Healthline, Vitamin C helps form collagen, a protein that improves the hair’s structure. Foods that are rich in Vitamin C include citrus fruits, bell peppers, strawberries and guavas.
- Vitamin A- If you’re curious about what vitamins are good for hair growth, you can rely on Vitamin A. Also known as Retinol, this vitamin is responsible for the production of sebum, an oily substance, which moisturises your scalp and keeps your hair nourished. It is also one of the vitamins that promote hair growth, along with its other benefits.
Other Essential Minerals For The Hair
By now, you know what vitamins are good for the hair, and have also found the best vitamins for hair growth, but there are a few other essential components that you should add to your hair as well. These are minerals, which are additional nutrients that contribute to your hair’s health. Here are a few options that you can use-
- Iron: Now that we have a list of vitamins good for hair, let’s move to some useful minerals that are equally good and essential for your beautiful tresses. One of these is iron. Iron supplies your red blood cells with a lot of oxygen, enhances bodily functions and contributes to hair growth. As an additional benefit, iron also helps in combating anaemia, thus making your body healthy and strong and further helping with hair loss. You’ll find iron in foods like spinach and lentils.
- Zinc: Still searching for what vitamins help hair growth? Well, instead of filling your checklist with all sorts of vitamins, adding a mineral like zinc can also greatly help sort most of your hair problems! Zinc benefits hair growth and repair of the tissues in your scalp, and also helps with the formation of the proteins in your hair, which are responsible for strengthening it. You’ll find zinc in foods like wheat germ, pumpkin seeds, and nuts and seeds.
A Vitamin-Rich Coco Soul Haircare Routine
We’re often sceptical about our store bought purchases, afraid of encountering a chemical-laden product that doesn’t have the required vitamins that help hair growth. However, what if we told you that there are some hair care products that have some of the best vitamins for hair growth, are completely free from chemicals, and safe to use on your hair? Coco Soul offers just that and more. We’ve crafted the perfect hair care routine that you can create for yourself using the best hair vitamins that you’ll find within these products.
Start your haircare routine by giving yourself a gentle scalp massage using the Coco Soul Extra Virgin Coconut Oil with Vitamin E. It is enriched with virgin king coconut oil, which is a powerhouse of both Vitamins C and E, which balance oxidative stress and combat ageing. It is enriched with Almond, Argan & Jojoba Oil. Massage your hair with this oil, and leave it overnight. It’ll nourish and repair your scalp with some of the best vitamins for hair growth.
After letting the oil settle into your scalp overnight, rinse it off using the Coco Soul Hair Care Combo. This too is enriched with the goodness of virgin king coconut oil, which contains vitamins that help hair growth. Additionally, the Coco Soul Conditioner from Coco Soul's hair care range also contains hibiscus, which is powered by Vitamin C and B. It strengthens the roots and promotes growth, balancing the volume in your hair. Vitamin C also fuels your scalp with essential iron content.Now that you know about the best vitamins for hair, you must also read our blog on the best natural ingredients for hair to learn about the secret behind natural ingredients in hair care products.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do vitamins help with hair growth?Yes, vitamins are good for hair, as they enhance your overall hair growth and give you a healthy scalp. According to Healthline, Vitamins A and B are great for hair growth. Apart from this Vitamins C and E also have beneficial effects on the hair. They help in combating oxidative stress caused by free radicals, which further contributes to hair growth.
Does lack of vitamins affect hair growth?Yes, certain studies suggest that a lifestyle deficient in Vitamin A and B can impact hair growth and result in hair loss. However, just like everything, excess vitamins are also not good for the body. Studies also show that an excess of Vitamin A can further lead to hair loss. Thus, it’s best to consume these vitamins in controlled quantities.
What is the most important vitamin for hair growth and thickness?There’s no clear evidence that classifies any particular vitamin as the ‘best’ one for hair growth. However, there are a number of vitamins which you should definitely include in your haircare products as well as your diet to boost hair health. All the vitamins from A to E satisfy this purpose well and carry their own unique benefit.
Nature has a plethora of natural ingredients in store for us, and there’s nothing better than to leverage these and create something beautiful for your hair and your skin. It’s time to check on your hair care ingredients and ensure that they have all the essential nutrients that you need for thick and beautiful hair. If you haven’t done so already, go do it today!