- What is prickly pear seed oil?
- What are the properties and prickly pear benefits for skin?
- What common skin problems can prickly pear seed oil help with and how?
- What is the best way to use prickly pear seed oil and what skin types does it suit?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Uses of Prickly Pear Seed Oil (FAQs)
The prickly pear benefits for skin make this Moroccan ingredient your favourite! Although you would never dream of putting cactus on your face for skincare, this nourishing elixir of the cactus fruit will take you by surprise!
What is prickly pear seed oil?
Coming to the rescue of your common skin problems, we bring you prickly pear seed oil for your skin. Native to Morocco, prickly pear is an extraordinary species of cactus called Opuntia Ficus Indica, and the oil derived from this fruit is all-natural, all-giving! Also known as barbary fig oil, this oil for skin problems is a superfood for your skin.
What are the properties and prickly pear benefits for skin?
The magic potion of nature-infused goodness is made up of rich vitamins and fatty acids, which stimulate your skin cells, giving your skin a healthy glow. It is rich in vitamin E and contains numerous fatty acids like omega-6 and 9, antioxidants, polyphenols, amino acids, and vitamin K. Apart from the nourishment, hydration, and prevention of wrinkles, the balance needed for beautiful skin can be achieved with this highly functional ingredient. Scroll to know what the prickly pear benefits for skin are, and how you can use the oil for skin problems.
What common skin problems can prickly pear seed oil help with and how?
The goodness of this oil is it’s an all-in-one solution to your common skin problems! Here is how this is a blessing and miracle potion:
Moisturiser:Vitamin E and the potent mix of fatty acids in prickly pear
seed oil make it just what your skin needs to make it soft and supple! It can be used as a moisturiser before you sleep, or even to prime your face before you apply your makeup.
Prevents signs of ageing:This oil contains almost 60 per cent of linoleic acid, which acts as a skin barrier and retains its ability to naturally moisturise. Elastin and collagen production is boosted by vitamin E, also an ingredient in this oil, which slows down ageing.
Prevents acne:Pimples and breakouts are generally a result of clogged pores, which is a result of sebum that has taken a solid form. This linoleic acid-rich oil helps balance your skin and keep the pores from getting clogged.
Healthy, natural glow:Pigmentation or dark patches on the face are a result of melanin getting accumulated in spots. The combined effects of vitamin E and K, both of which are present in the oil, give you soft, supple, and glowing skin.
Clean cuticles:If your nail bed is dry or irritated from the ‘gel treatment’ or ‘acrylic nails,’ then prickly pear seed oil is all the healthy moisturising your cuticles need!
Happy eyes:The vitamin E infused elixir in prickly pear seed oil brightens up dark circles, taking care of puffiness and uneven skin tones around that area.
What is the best way to use prickly pear seed oil for skin and what skin types does it suit?
A versatile ingredient, prickly pear seed oil is one that is good for all skin types – dry, oily, combination or sensitive. The hydrating and vitamin-rich oil can be incorporated into your daily skincare routine. Follow these steps to use the oil, after you cleanse your skin:
- Before going to bed, apply a few drops of the oil all over your face, neck, and hands. It will give you soft, supple skin the following day.
- You can add a few drops of the oil to your regular moisturising cream or serum and then apply it to your face and body. This will enrich the effectiveness of the oil.
- Apply a few drops of the oil to your cuticles after a manicure. You will be surprised by the results.
- For spot treatment of acne or pimples, apply the oil to the affected areas twice daily. Continued usage will eventually cure them and prevent further breakouts.
- Those who are suffering from dark circles should massage the oil gently under the eyes using your ring finger. Relax and go off to sleep immediately after doing this. You’ll see visible results the next morning. Prolonged usage will completely remove the dark patches underneath your eyes.
- For healthy and shiny hair, massage prickly pear seed oil onto your scalp gently. Keep it overnight and then gently wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Prickly pear seed oil can be used to treat minor cuts and burns. Bleeding of the skin due to excessive dryness can also be treated using prickly pear seed oil.
Coco Soul’s range of face care, skincare, and hair care products are kind to Mother Earth, kind to animals, and kind to your skin!
Frequently Asked Questions on Uses of Prickly Pear Seed Oil (FAQs)
Is prickly pear oil good for dry skin?Apart from its vitamin-rich formulation, prickly pear seed oil also contains antioxidants, which restore the elasticity of your skin. This is done by renewing cells, in turn brightening your complexion and reducing dryness.
What does prickly pear oil smell like?Since it is a natural beauty elixir derived from a Moroccan fruit, it gives out a sweet, citrusy fragrance. The smell is very similar to that of fresh ripe fruit.
Is prickly pear oil good for rosacea?Rosacea is a skin condition where your skin experiences inflammation and you see redness. Owing to the considerably good amount of fatty acids in prickly pear oil, it helps calm your skin.