Summer is here! And you know what that means—Sun, fun and more sun. But don't forget to take care of your hair in the process. The summer season is full of outdoor activities, from pool parties to beach days to gardening, so keeping your strands protected from harsh UV rays while having fun in the sun is important.
If a day at the beach has left your hair feeling dry or brittle, consider using these six DIY hair masks formulated with ingredients found anywhere. You can learn how to make a hair mask at home and get all the benefits. A DIY hair mask for summer can be the best way to infuse your hair with moisture and keep it strong and healthy.
What are the best ingredients for hair in the summer and their benefits?
Here are the top six ingredients to boost hair health in summer. Use them in your DIY hair mask to get some amazing results!
Aloe Vera- An amazing superfood for hair, especially in summer. Aloe vera is full of amino acids and vitamins A, B, C, and E. It also has fatty acids that help in hydration and amino acids help in growth.
Eggs- Egg yolk is full of proteins and biotin that enrich your hair. An egg mask can deeply moisturize your hair from the scalp to the roots. They also stimulate hair growth and repair damage on hair
Banana- This fruit is infused with silica that is a powerful collagen booster. Hence, it makes your hair stronger and thicker. They also have
antimicrobial properties to heal the flaky scalp.
Amla (Indian Gooseberry)- Rich in Vitamin C, amla is a powerful antioxidant that strengthens hair follicles and prevents hair damage. It also prevents premature ageing of hair and scalp.
Hibiscus- Infused with amino acids and keratin, the hibiscus DIY hair mask for summer can help in hair growth and makes your hair more manageable.
- Neem- Known for its extraordinary medicinal properties, neem is very powerful against hair loss and damage. With anti-inflammatory properties, it also curbs dandruff to a great degree. Neem with coconut oil is also excellent for skin treatment.
Best hair masks for each hair type and each hair problem in the summer
Every hair has a unique problem and you can create your own DIY hair mask accordingly. Learn how to make hair masks at home and apply them regularly. Try these homemade hair masks for summer and get ready to say goodbye to hair troubles!
- Heal split ends- If split ends are your major problem, beat an egg with some milk and apply it to your hair. Keep this DIY hair mask for five minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Cooldown your scalp- Aloe vera mask is an excellent DIY mask for summer with its cooling properties. Soak the stems into the water for 30 minutes and take away the gel. Make a paste and apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Boost your hair volume- Mix ripe bananas with honey and mint leaves. Apply the DIY hair mask on your scalp. Keep it for 30-40 minutes, and you will notice great volume with great shine. It can also be used as a repairing hair mask for summer.
- Treat dandruff- Prepare a powder of dried neem leaves. You may add some olive oil and an egg. Apply it to your scalp, and you will notice a great difference!
- Stimulate hair growth- If you want to increase your hair length this summer, soak some hibiscus flowers at night and grind them in the morning. Mix some yogurt and apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Treat premature whitening- Make a DIY hair mask with boiled amla by grinding it and mixing it with yogurt. Apply and keep for 30 minutes. It is also a great solution to reduce hair fall.
Homemade hair masks for summer can be great ways to nourish and moisturize your hair. But it’s all pointless if you don’t do it the right way.
- Clean your hair first and towel dry. Cover your clothes with a towel before applying the mask.
- Apply the hair mask with your fingers to reach every part of your scalp and hair strands. You may also use a brush if necessary.
- Run a wide-toothed comb to spread the mask evenly.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap. This will keep the DIY hair mask intact.
- Leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes, depending on the ingredients.
- Rinse with lukewarm water or cool water. Avoid hot water. Rinse twice or thrice to remove all the particles.
- Apply hair masks twice or thrice a week for noteworthy results.
Knowing how to make a hair mask at home can be an amazing skill. It’s effortless and pays off tremendously well. Treating your hair with good ingredients can be an excellent way to increase its strength and volume.
If you are looking for good hair care products, you must check out Coco Soul. This beauty brand gets you the best ingredients for hair with the science of Ayurveda. You must check out their amazing hair care combo of cleanser and conditioner. Infused with the goodness of virgin coconut oil and ayurvedic herbs, it is the best summer food for your hair.
Can I use an egg hair mask in summer?Yes, you can use an egg hair mask in summer. This will help to moisturize your hair strands and give a shiny look. Egg masks can also help boost the volume of hair. Mix the egg with milk and keep it for 5-10 minutes before rinsing.
Can you put a hair mask on sweaty hair?It is not recommended to put a hair mask on sweaty or oily hair. The sweat may not allow your scalp and hair to absorb the ingredients properly. Hence, it’s best to wash off your hair first and let it dry first. Then, you can go ahead to apply your hair mask and relax.
Do hair masks work better with heat?Hot steam may help in better absorption of nutrients. But otherwise, you can just wrap up the mask on your hair and let it absorb by itself. Avoid hot water to wash off the mask.