Ayurvedic practices of hair fall remedies depend on three doshas - Vata, Kapha, and Pitta. Whenever there is a disruption in any of these doshas, it will alter the health of your hair. In fact, Ayurvedic experts believe that hair issues are an aftereffect of an increase in the pitta dosha. In Ayurveda, there are numerous herbs that have absorbing properties that normally stop hair fall and advance hair regeneration, making them an ideal hair treatment option. Wondering what they are? Here is the rundown of the best herbs for hair growth.
5 Ayurvedic Herbs For Hair Growth
BhringrajBhringraj, also known as false daisy, is an Indian herb especially found in clammy regions. This herb is enriched with nutrients, calcium, magnesium and iron and one of the best herbs for hair growth. Bhringraj oil is also extremely popular and used to resolve different hair issues.
- Bhringraj is an effective solution for boosting hair growth and reducing the risk of baldness.
- It soothes the scalp by increasing the blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles, which leads to healthier hair growth.
- It also nourishes your hair to make them healthier and shinier.
How To Use
Regular use of Bhringraj oil can relieve stress because it helps increase blood flow to the scalp. You can make Bhringraj oil by mixing Bhringraj powder with coconut or sesame oil as they are potent natural herbs for hair growth.
BrahmiBrahmi is a miracle Ayurvedic herb for hair growth and strengthening of hair and one of the most effective natural herbs for hair growth.
- It is revered as the best Ayurvedic herb to add into your hair oil to stop hair thinning.
- Brahmi oil contains an alkaloid that actuates a protein in your body that strengthens your hair naturally.
- It also reduces your pressure and uplifts the mood.
- Brahmi lessens the 'cortisol' - a pressure chemical in your body. Significant levels of cortisol is one reason for hair fall.Brahmi is also helpful for conditioning dry and frizzy hair. Check out our blog on conditioning herbs for dry hair to learn about more such herbs like brahmi.
How To Use
Add Brahmi leaves in coconut oil and let it boil to reduce its consistency. Massaging the scalp with Brahmi oil can leave an exceptionally soothing impact on your hair. You may also find some herbal products for hair growth that contain the goodness of brahmi.
Amla or Indian GooseberryLoaded with vitamin C, amla is a great addition to your hair care routine.
- Amla is excellent for hair and scalp health because it contains essential fatty acids and antioxidants that strengthen your hair follicles and make it strong and lustrous.
- Massaging your scalp with amla can cure dandruff and prevent excess grease, dirt, and sebum on the scalp.
- It provides essential nutrients to hair follicles to promote hair growth
How To Use
You can massage your scalp with amla oil to encourage hair growth and improve blood circulation. You can also consume Amla juice every morning to maintain your general wellbeing.
Fenugreek or Methi SeedsFenugreek or methi seeds are a very common ingredient in every Indian kitchen. Fenugreek is viewed as the best Ayurvedic medication since its seeds are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, Vitamin K, proteins, and folic acid.
How To Use
If you are struggling with hair loss, soak methi seeds overnight in water, and grind it to a fine paste in the morning. Apply this paste to hair and scalp and leave it on for half an hour. Rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat this once a week for best results. Some herbal products for hair growth do contain fenugreek seeds too. Look for the ingredients list while picking your product.
ShikakaiShikakai has hair-purifying properties that makes it a great Ayurvedic option for hair cleanser.
In addition to nourishing your hair and promoting hair growth naturally, Shikakai is also full of antioxidants.
How To Use
Grind the shikakai pods and mix the powder with coconut oil.Massage your oil with this more than twice a week and wash your hair with this solution instead of a shampoo.Now that you know about the best herbs for hair growth, you must also read our blog on the best natural ingredients for hair to learn about the secret behind natural ingredients in hair.care products.
Coco Soul Hair Cleanser
If you don’t have time to look for these wonderful Ayurvedic ingredients or prepare DIYs using them, you can invest in Coco Soul hair cleanser that is enriched with some great Ayurvedic herbs that are great for hair growth.
- It is powered with Virgin King Coconut Oil, Kikirindiya, Godapara and many Ayurvedic herbs.
- Virgin King Coconut oil penetrates 90% into hair strands and repairs damaged hair by reversing upto 50% of internal structural damage.
- Lauric Acid present in coconut oil binds the protein in hair & scalp, and helps protect both the roots and strands of hair from breakage.
- Kikirindiya boosts blood circulation in the scalp and is effective in stopping hair loss.
Godapara soothes itchy scalp and has anti-dandruff properties.
Frequently Asked Questions on Ayurvedic Herbs For Hair Growth
Are ayurvedic herbs efficient for hair growth?Yes, Ayurvedic herbs for hair provide powerful and effective results that can enhance hair growth and volume.
Can Ayurvedic herbs regrow lost hair?There are several Rasayanas in Ayurveda that are capable of reversing hair thinning, as well as balancing the doshas in the body. Amrit Kalash is a Super Rasayana that combines 53 Rasayanas, which balances the doshas in the body.
Why are ayurvedic herbs good for hair growth?The follicles can't regenerate if they have closed, disappeared, scarred, or haven't been active for years. But if they're still intact, yes, you can regrow the hair.