Have you ever wondered why naturally black hair looks so mesmerising and lustrous, while your salon-styled hair looks dry, lifeless and damaged after the first wash? This can probably be due to the chemicals that you apply on your hair that leave harmful elements on the strands, resulting in brittle, curly hair and an itchy scalp.
If you wish to flaunt gorgeous hair that is healthy from the inside and glossy from the outside, you will have to make sufficient efforts. To begin with, limit your use or completely get rid of chemical-laden products. Instead, you can opt for safer and healthier alternatives like Ayurveda and include a dry hair remedy in your hair care regime that can help you deal with damaged and dry hair.
How to know if your hair is dry?
Inactive or inefficient oil glands that do not produce enough sebum on the scalp can cause dry hair. Dry scalp, broken ends, and hair loss are common side effects of dry and frizzy hair.
Some of the common causes of dry and frizzy hair include nutritional deficiencies, excessive exposure to the sun, living in air-conditioned environments, using unhealthy or chemical-rich products, and so on. However, if you think your hair is dry, then opting for Ayurvedic treatment for dry hair is the best thing to do.
Why is your hair dry?
You might ask yourself how to get silky hair naturally? Or how to make hair silky permanently? But what you’re probably ignoring is the reason why your hair is becoming dry.
According to Ayurveda, a person's hair health depends on three doshas, including Pitta, Kapha, and Vata. Any imbalance in these causes can lead to weak, damaged, and dry hair conditions.
Additionally, there are other factors that stop you from getting naturally silky hair such as heat, pollution, stress, inflammation, obstruction of blood supply to the follicles, and lack of nutrition. Anyone who wants to know how to make hair silky permanently or what to do for silky hair must consider these above factors.
Top 4 Ayurvedic remedies to deal with dry hair!!
If you’re tried and tested even the most expensive hair products and still didn’t get the desired results, maybe it’s time to switch things up and try these four home remedies or Ayurvedic treatments for dry hair.
Remedy 1 - Amla powder and Shikakai hair mask
- 1 tbsp Amla powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Shikakai powder
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- To prepare this dry hair remedy, you need to take Shikakai powder and amla powder. Shikakai is known to be a popular Ayurvedic herb for dry hair.
- Add both in lukewarm water to make a semi-thick paste.
- Apply the mixture of Ayurvedic treatment for dry scalp and rinse after 30 minutes using Ayurvedic shampoo like Coco Soul Shampoo
Remedy 2 - Banana and honey mask
Do you wonder how to get silky hair naturally? Well, these natural remedies for dry hair can be your saviour.
- One banana
- 2 tbsp of honey
- To prepare this Ayurvedic treatment for dry scalp, take a banana in a bowl and add honey to it.
- Mix both the ingredients gently to prepare this dry hair remedy.
- Let the mixture rest on your hair for 45 minutes, and then rinse off using the best Hair care combo shampoo from Coco Soul.
Remedy 3 - Almond oil and egg
Another natural remedy for dry hair that has proven to be effective is this one.
- One piece of egg
- ½ cup of almond oil
- All you have to do is mix almond oil and egg until a smooth texture of this Ayurvedic treatment for dry scalp is formed.
- Then apply this dry hair remedy to the scalp and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- After that, wash it off with lukewarm water. For better results, you can use top quality conditioner like Coco Soul conditioner
Remedy 4 - Yoghurt, apple cider vinegar, and honey hair mask
What to do for silky hair? - Do you have a question somewhat similar to this? Do check this DIY recipe.
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- You need to mix yoghurt, apple cider vinegar, and honey to get naturally silky hair.
- Then apply the mixture to your scalp and let it sit for 15 minutes.
Do you want the answers to how to make hair silky permanently? Or how to get silky hair? Well, then here are a few tips you must keep in mind.
- Protection from the sun - No matter how many times you ask yourself how to get silky hair? It would all go in vain if you ignored this pro tip. Make sure to protect your hair from direct sunlight, specifically the UVA and UVB rays. This is because sun rays are as harmful to your hair as to your skin.
- Well maintained diet - Another way of how to get silky hair is holding a good diet. Poor health or unhygienic routines could also lead to dry hair.
- Switch to Ayurveda - Stop using chemically rich products. Instead, switch to using natural remedies for dry hair or Ayurvedic herbs for dry hair to improve your hair health.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Ayurvedic herbs are best for dry hair?Some of the top Ayurvedic herbs best for dry hair include Fenugreek (methi), Bhringraj, Indian Gooseberry (amla), Aloe Vera, Rosemary, and Ashwagandha.
How long does Ayurveda take to cure dry hair?Ayurveda can show the symptoms of curing your dry hair from the remedy's very first application. Just make sure not to switch to any chemical-rich products and stick to the Ayurvedic treatment for at least three months.
Why is Ayurveda good for dry hair?Ayurvedic products have fantastic healing properties as they are naturally manufactured. The nutrients in Ayurvedic formulas nourish the hair from root to tip. Also, they keep the cuticle moisturised and prevent dryness by locking in moisture.
Is Ayurveda shampoo and oil good for hair?Yes, Ayurvedic shampoo and oil are highly beneficial to improve your hair's health. Just make sure to buy the products from a trusted brand like Coco Soul.
How often should I apply the Ayurvedic remedies to treat dry hair?You can apply Ayurvedic remedies to treat dry hair at least once a week. For better results, use the therapy twice a week.