Most of us are willing to do anything to make our hair look shiny and smooth. And this idea often leads us to methods that end up causing several side effects. So, if you're wondering how to get silky hair naturally, the best answer is Ayurveda. Yes, Ayurveda is the only natural way to achieve shiny hair that causes no damage. It offers several natural remedies that make the hair shiny and significantly boost hair health.
So, if you think only those with genetics and good luck can have good hair, then you're wrong. Wondering what to do for silky hair? Ayurveda is the solution for all. However, if you doubt what Ayurveda can do to your hair, then here is what you need to know.
Why does hair lose its softness over time?
Shiny and silky hair increases the glamour of your personality, and there is no doubt about that. However, when it loses its sheen over time, simply treating it is not enough. So, before knowing what to do for silky hair, you need to understand what causes dullness in hair and how Ayurveda can help you deal with these causes.
According to Ayurveda, the imbalance of three doshas- Vata, Pitta, and Kapha causes the hair to lose its shine. And each of them affects the body functions differently. Dry, dull and frizzy hair is caused when an excess of Vata Dosha is present in the body.
Pitta is a vital dosha for circulation and blood production, directly impacting hair follicles. And they cause overproduction of oil in the scalp because of an elevated Kapha dosha. However, some other reasons that lead to an imbalance in your dosha are :
- Poor diet and lifestyle- According to Ayurveda, the health of our hair is strongly related to the health of our gut and central nervous system. So, in case the health deteriorates, hair is likely to be harmed.
- Pollution- UV rays from the sun can also harm your hair while raising the Vata Dosha. This, as a result, affects the outermost protective fat layer of your hair cuticles leading to dullness, breakage and even baldness.
- Excessive use of chemical products- The chemical products and the styling methods weakens the roots of your hair, leaving the scalp dry. For this reason, the hair loses its natural moisture, which makes the hair look dull and rough. Head over to our blog on ayurvedic remedies for dry hair to learn more.
Ayurvedic remedies to get silky hair
Fed up with dry and rough hair? You must be looking for ways to find out how to make hair silky permanently? Instead of using chemical products and different hair styling methods, opt for natural alternatives as it has more to give. So the best way to get naturally silky hair is to opt for these Ayurvedic treatments:
- Aloe Vera Gel hair mask
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 cup of water
- Bowl and brush
- Take Aloe vera leaves and scoop the gel into a small bowl
- Now, blend it into a smooth paste
- Then, add two tablespoons of water to dilute the gel
- Now, apply the paste gently using a hairbrush
Leave it for about half an hour before rinsing it off with cold water
- Lemon juice and coconut oil
- 4 to 6 tbsp of Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of Water
- Take one tablespoon of coconut oil
- Add some fresh lemon juice to it, and then mix it well to prepare a smooth hair mask
- Now, use of fingers to apply the mixture to your scalp
- Leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off. Let your hair dry naturally
- Banana hair mask
- 1 medium sized Bananas
- 2 teaspoons of lavender oil
- 1 tablespoon of Water
- Shower cap
- Take a ripe banana and mash it in a bowl
- Now, add two drops of lavender oil to it. Then, mix it thoroughly
- Apply the paste all over the scalp and hair and from roots to the end
- Let it sit for about half an hour. Or cover your hair for 20 minutes using a shower cap
- Then rinse it off with cold water. In the end, you can use a good conditioner.Check out the natural hair conditioner from Coco Soul's hair care range.
Four Secret Ayurvedic tips to get silky hair
Are you dreaming of silky, smooth and shiny hair? Want to know how to get silky hair? Here are some other pro tips that are very easy to follow and will also help you get naturally silky hair :
- Use a wide-toothed comb on wet hair and a hair brush when your hair is dry.
- Instead of using a towel, use a cotton t-shirt to wring out excess water.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water. Use lukewarm or cold water instead.
- Avoid heat styling appliances and chemical products.
Ayurvedic has worked like magic on hair for years because of its 100% natural ingredients and vital nutrients. These natural remedies not only restore balance in your doshas but also revitalise dull and lifeless hair. So if you’re still wondering how to make hair silky permanently? Ayurveda is your best bet. Be it any hair issue, Ayurveda offers treatments and wide ocean remedies for all. You must also check out our blog on ayurvedic tips to repair damaged hair for some pro tips to deal with damaged hair.
Besides, it also reaches the root cause to provide deep, long-lasting solutions. However, remember it does not provide overnight transformations. Your hair will still need proper care and effort. So start with less and then gradually build up. Choose the right products and treatments for healthy and shinier hair.
Which Ayurvedic ingredients make hair soft and silky?Aloe vera, coconut oil, yoghurt and honey are some best Ayurvedic ingredients to make hair soft and silky. Once you apply this ingredients correctly, you won’t have any doubts on how to get silky hair naturally.
How can I make my hair silky-smooth and straight at home without eggs?Mixing milk with two tablespoons of honey and adding crushed strawberries into it will help you get silky hair at home without eggs. Apply this paste to your hair, and rinse it off after 2-3 hours, and you’ll not have any doubts on how to make hair silky parmanently.
What foods make your hair silky, according to Ayurveda?According to Ayurveda, chia seeds, whole grains, walnuts, tomatoes, spinach and carrots are some foods that help make your hair silky, shiny and smooth.