If you’re wondering how to slow down ageing, you’re in the right place. We swear by this quote and guide you with a unique formula for anti-ageing skin care this summer!
“ageing is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” – Betty Freidan, American feminist writer and activist.
Transform your skin with anti-ageing skin care
If you’re worried about being too late to the anti-ageing skincare game, we’re here to tell you that it’s never too late! Caring for your skin doesn’t have a timeline and one of the most treasured beliefs in skin care is – it is much easier to prevent a skin problem than repair it. This is what we want to do with anti-ageing skin care. We want to help you prevent your skin from developing wrinkles, pigmentation, and dryness that comes with age. If these currently appear on your skin and you’re reading this, we’ve got anti-ageing skin care tips that can help you too.
How does ageing become worse in the summer, if left unchecked?
While we’re talking about the extra care by going the extra mile for your skin, one of the most critical factors in ageing is the scorching summer heat. The sun can affect our skin with harmful ultraviolet radiation in the form of UV rays – causing sunburns, tanning, dark spots, pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, premature ageing, and on a more serious scale, the risk of skin cancer. Before we step into the tips of anti-ageing, we give you a better understanding of the problems your skin could have with too much exposure to sunlight:
- Pigmentation – You may have noticed patches on your skin because the sun triggers melanin production in your skin to protect it from the UV rays. These patches are nothing but discoloration or pigmentation.
- Crow’s feet – These are the wrinkles and lines you see around your eyes. The skin around your eyes is fragile and gets affected easily with exposure to the sun.
- Dark spots – The harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun give you sunspots or dark spots on your skin, which if enhanced, make you look older than you are.
Wrinkles! – We said the word all are afraid of but expect as they grow older. The naturally occurring collagen production in our skin reduces over time and harmful free radicals in the sun’s radiation are what cause wrinkles by accelerating this process. Now you know, a collagen boost and sun safety are your best bet.
How can you fix these problems? Using an anti-ageing moisturiser and anti-ageing body lotion helps this get better with time. To add a hint of cooling and freshness, we have some awe-summer alternatives for you!
How to slow down ageing? Here are ‘awe-summer’ products to add to your summer skincare routine
We have rounded up some of Coco Soul’s anti-ageing skin care picks for you! These products are rich in gotukola, also called Centella Asiatica, Indian pennywort, or Brahmi, which is a plant-based herb that has been used for centuries for health and skin care. It is the herb of longevity and rich in amino acids, fatty acids, and phytochemicals. The antioxidants in this herb enhance its anti-inflammatory properties making it a choice for all skin types!
Why gotukula to slow down ageing? Collagen. This is a protein that repairs damaged skin by renewing it. Gotukula boosts collagen production and tightens the skin, helps renew the skin, hydrates the skin and ultimately gives it a youthful glow.
While most of you may expect an anti-ageing moisturiser and anti-ageing body lotion, we bring you fresher alternatives for the summer! Coco Soul infused gotukula with Ayurvedic goodness in a revitalising face wash and an organic body shower gel. Here’s how they can help slow down ageing:
Coco Soul Revitalising Face Wash is created using a potent mix of Ayurvedic plants and the goodness of organic virgin king coconut oil. Whether you're dealing with oily, sensitive, or dry skin, a quick application of this natural face wash will leave your skin in a state of bliss.
- The face wash cleanses dirt and grime without stripping away the skin's natural moisture and softness.
- It is loaded with herbs that are reservoirs of antioxidants and other nourishing compounds that cure skin issues and leave your skin looking fresh and radiant.
- The goodness of virgin king coconut oil nourishes your skin and prevents dryness.
Coco Soul Revitalising Shower Gel is crafted using organic virgin king coconut oil and ancient Ayurvedic herbs that gently clean your skin. Its aroma awakens your senses, and the light texture transforms into a luxuriant foam, making it an ideal shower gel for everyday use.
- The infused herbs deeply cleanse, purify, and rejuvenate damaged skin without causing any lingering dryness or skin irritation.
- Its light texture removes all the dirt and grime from your body.
- The addition of turmeric minimises irritation and heals small wounds to give you clear skin.
Lifestyle tips to prevent ageing
As we age, our skin does too. Wrinkles, thin skin, dried skin, and other signs make us rethink our choices – skin care and otherwise too. To improve your lifestyle and environment means to care for your skin, slow down its ageing.
Here are some lifestyle tips to prevent or slow down premature ageing:
- The sun’s harmful ultraviolet radiation is the first thing you protect your skin from – reduce the exposure to sunlight and when you step out, make sure to wear sunscreen as well as sunglasses, a scarf and other protective gear.
- Tanning and sunburns are extremely harsh for your skin to recover from – apply a self-tanner for the ‘tanned look’ instead of letting the sun’s rays touch your skin for a long period of time.
- Smoking has hazardous effects for your overall health – your skin can suffer from it too so avoid it in your lifestyle choices.
- Your facial expressions can make or break the wrinkles or form of your face – repetitive expressions make your skin mould into that shape so make sure to smile!
- Following a healthy diet with balanced meals and optimal hydration is not only good for your body, but your skin too – eat well, drink plenty of water and help your skin radiate on the inside and outside.
- Fitness is always recommended – not only for a fit body, but a mind that is aware, and skin that glows! Sweating allows the impurities to slide off your skin as your adrenaline is pumped with daily exercise.
- Last but not the least, apply an anti-ageing moisturiser every day, to care for it like we do!
Have we convinced you when it comes to anti-ageing skin care, yet? We hope to have, because we care for you like you care for your skin. It’s time to take extra care of your skin since you have now become aware of how to slow down ageing.
Frequently Asked Questions on Anti-ageing (FAQs)
How can I stop my skin from ageing naturally?If you are looking for a natural alternative to an anti-ageing moisturiser, all you have to do is head to your kitchen! Green tea, known as an effective weight loss solution, is also rich in antioxidants to fight wrinkles and increase production of new skin cells. Shredded ginger, bananas, avocado and aloe vera are other gems to naturally slow down ageing.
What ingredient helps the skin look younger?Our natural anti-ageing tips related to skin care and lifestyle listed above include awe-summer alternatives of a revitalising face wash and shower gel, instead of an anti-ageing body lotion. The power ingredient for those options is gotukula, also called Centella Asiatica, Indian pennywort, or Brahmi, which is a plant-based herb that has been used for centuries for health and skincare. It is the herb of longevity and rich in amino acids, fatty acids, and phytochemicals. The antioxidants in this herb enhance its anti-inflammatory properties, making it a choice for all skin types!
What are the seven signs of ageing?Your skin ages as you grow older and although there are ways you can slow down this process, these are some of the signs to watch out for: fine lines and wrinkles, dull skin, uneven skin tone, dry skin, sunspots or age spots with patches, rough texture of your skin, and pores that are visible to the naked eye.