Flawless skin isn’t the result of using moisturisers and serums alone, it’s equally important to set the base right by washing the face correctly. Now, you may wonder if it is too late to know how to wash your face, but not all hope is lost. Once you know how to wash your face properly, there will be no going back.
Washing your face does not only remove dirt, makeup residue, and dirt but when done right, it can prevent acne breakouts, signs of ageing, and abrasions too. Washing your face right doesn't mean you have to wash your face over and over again because it will strip away the natural barrier of your skin, which is harmful. Honestly, you are just a gentle hand and a few tricks away from getting the best from your first splash of the day. And we’re here to share it all with you.
Tips On How To Use Face Wash
If you are wondering how to clean your face or how to use a face cleanser, here are a few tips you can use to know how to wash your face effectively:
Choose the Right Cleanser for YouBefore you begin to wash your face, make sure that the face cleanser you are using is suitable for your skin type. If you have dry skin and sensitive skin and are wondering how to clean the face naturally every day, you should use facial cleansers that are inherently hydrating and non-foaming. Any face wash that contains lathering agents will tend to strip off the natural oils from your skin, making it more rough and dry. If you have oily skin, a foaming face wash on the gentler side can deeply clean your pores and remove the excess oil.
Don't Rinse Your Face With Hot WaterDo your skin a favour and avoid using hot water at all costs. Hot water can strip off the moisture and natural oils in your skin, making your skin dry. Opt for lukewarm or cold water to close your facial pores and prevent any dirt from clogging your pores.
Wash Your Face Twice a DayWash and cleanse your face twice a day, especially at night before hitting the bed.
- Why a morning cleanse is important: Wash your face in the morning to get rid of any sebum or oil accumulated through the night. In other words, start your skincare routine with a cleaner as base.
- Why a night-time cleanse is important: Cleanse your face before bedtime to get rid of all the dirt and germs accumulated on your face throughout the day. If you indulge in a sweaty workout, wash your face post your workout to give your skin a refreshing feel. Find a night skincare routine that works for you on this blog.
Clean Your Makeup OffTaking off makeup before going to bed is highly recommended to avoid any skin irritation and side effects. If your makeup penetrates through the layers of your skin, it will clog the pores and cause acne breakouts. You can use the double-cleansing method to take off the makeup and clean the face thoroughly. First, remove the makeup with an oil-based cleanser or micellar water to break down the formulation of the makeup, and then, follow it up by washing your face with your regular cleanser to get rid of all the residues.
Don’t Rub Your Skin the Wrong WayYou need to treat your skin gently. Cleanse your skin gently with your fingertips in a circular motion to stimulate the blood circulation for a healthier glow. Your cleanser will take away all the impurities from your skin without you having to scrub your skin thoroughly. Therefore, do not rub your skin aggressively to clean your face.
Don’t Forget to Use Moisturiser After CleansingCleansing your face can make your skin lose moisture, leaving it dry. Once your face is cleansed well, do not forget to apply a nourishing moisturiser to restore the lost moisture and lock in the goodness of the face wash. You can refer to this blog for a detailed ayurvedic skincare routine that suits your needs.
How to clean your face naturally at home
If you are wondering how to clean your face naturally at home and avoid the chemicals, you should try one of these natural cleansers that you can make right now, in your kitchen.
Wash face with milk
Filled with lactic acid, milk is perfect to remove dead skin cells naturally. The fats and proteins in the milk also act as a great moisturiser for the skin.
- To wash your face with milk, take two tablespoons of whole milk in a bowl
- Dip a cotton ball in the milk and apply on your skin directly
- Gently massage the milk on your face and wash it off with lukewarm water
2. Wash face with coconut oil
Coconut oil is antifungal, antibacterial, and filled with antioxidants that make it a perfect cleanser.
- To wash your face with coconut oil, warm some oil and smear it on your face gently.
- Massage the oil in circular motions and place a warm towel on your face for the oil to penetrate well into the skin.
- Wipe your face with the towel itself to get hydrated skin. Read all about the benefits of using coconut oil for your face here.
3.Wash face with rose water
To give your skin a hydrating glow, wash your face with rose water, which also works as an astringent for the skin. Rosewater can also help reduce the puffiness on your skin.
- Dab a cotton ball into some rose water and apply it all over your face.
Common Face Wash Mistakes: Revealed!
We may not even realise it, but we are probably not washing our face as harmlessly as we would like to! These are some common face wash mistakes to help you reveal happier skin with a good cleanse.
- The water should be lukewarm, not too hot and not too cold. Hot water can dry your skin out and strip it of its natural oils. Cold water, on the other hand, affects you by not allowing your pores to open up.
- If you wash your face multiple times in the day, chances are your skin will dry out faster and produce more sebum to make up for the dry skin. People with dry skin are advised to cleanse once a day, and the rest should do it twice a day.
- What’s the right way to apply it? Take a small amount into your palms, get your fingers slightly wet and then apply in outward circular motions. Let it sit for a minute, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
The after steps are extremely important. After you cleanse the face, use a soft and clean washcloth, pat (don’t rub) your skin dry, and apply serum or moisturiser to lock in the hydration once it is dry.
How To Avoid Wrecking Of Your Skin
In addition to the common mistakes to keep in mind, here are some more steps you can take.
- Use an all-natural facial cleanser to feel a calming, soothing rejuvenation at the comfort of your home. A natural face wash is powered with organic goodness and herbs that are like a gentle kiss on your skin.
- Exfoliation is essential to remove the dead skin cells and boost the skin’s cell growth. Limiting this to one time in the week is ideal, or you may risk drying your skin to the point of flakiness or irritation.
- Drink plenty of water, regularise your diet, exercise well, and get your ‘beauty sleep’ to ensure your skin’s wellbeing as well as your own!
Try The Coco Soul Face Wash:
Do you want the goodness of natural ingredients, but are not sure if you can commit to curating them? You can try the revitalising face wash from Coco Soul and wash face your face with this coconut oil infused face wash.
- The goodness of Ayurvedic ingredients like neem and gotukola makes it an ideal face wash to get glowing skin.
- Enriched with antioxidants and antibacterial properties, this face wash leaves your skin nourished and prevents any acne-causing germs.
- This Ayurvedic face wash is 100% vegan and does not promote animal testing.
- Coco Soul face wash is also free from toxic chemicals like formaldehyde, sulphates, DEA, silicones, parabens, sodium chloride, mineral oil, and propylene glycol.
Frequently Asked Questions on How To Wash Face
Can washing your face make your skin worse?If you learn how to clean face efficiently, you can benefit a lot from a simple face wash itself. Washing your face doesn’t worsen your skin condition unless you are doing it wrong.
What is the best thing to wash your face with?Face wash filled with organic ingredients is the best thing to wash your face naturally. You can know how to clean your face naturally everyday at home to avoid the risk of conventional face wash mistakes.
How to clean your face safely?Avoid face wash mistakes by following the below tips:
- Use a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser that does not contain any harmful chemicals
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and use your fingertips to apply cleanser
- Do not overwash or over scrub your face
- Always use a moisturiser, once your face is cleansed