- Impact Of Summers On Oily Skin
- Summer Skin Care Routine For Oily Skin
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Just checking in - How are you feeling, all cuddled up and enjoying this chilly weather? It feels amazing, right? However, summers are on their way, and it’s all going to turn back to normal very soon. For those with oily skin, summers are an even greater challenge due to the humidity and stickiness that it invites. So, let’s get you all prepped up for this much-awaited season with a summer skin care routine for oily skin. But before we jump right in, let’s understand the impact of summers on oily skin, and discuss what’s best in oily skin care in summer.
Impact Of Summers On Oily Skin
Your skin is composed of millions of tiny pores. Beneath these pores, there are sebaceous glands that secrete a fluid called sebum, which balances the texture of our skin, and regulates the moisture content. During the summers, the sebaceous glands tend to overproduce sebum. This makes the skin oily and causes the sebum to clog the pores as well, attracting dirt and other bacteria. Hence, in your summer skin care for oily skin, it’s important to include products that can keep your skin healthy and well cleansed. From moisturisers for oily skin in summer to face masks, everything needs to be light and summer friendly. Let’s understand how to make your summer skin care routine natural and easy to follow with a few simple steps.
Summer Skin Care Routine For Oily Skin
Now that you’ve understood the impact of summers on your skin, it’s time to put some solutions into action. We’ve charted out a summer oily skin care routine, specially designed to meet all your seasonal needs, replete with the right summer skin care products for oily skin that you should use. Here are the steps that you should follow-
Cleanse It Up- Having oily skin in summer can be challenging to deal with. Your skin becomes sweaty and attracts a lot of dirt and germs. So, before using a moisturiser for oily skin in summer, or any other product, make sure your skin is cleansed well. Rinse your skin at least twice a day- first in the morning as soon as you get up and then in the evening, to get clean and healthy skin. Pump out a small quantity of the Coco Soul Revitalizing Face Wash and massage your skin with it. The gentle goodness of neem, gotukola and turmeric will leave your skin soft and supple, and is a great addition to both your day as well as your summer night skin care routine.
- Tone It- After cleansing your face well with a gentle face wash, remember to include a toner in your summer skin care for oily skin. Now that your pores are open and clean, you need something that closes them and also balances the pH of your skin. Preferably something which includes salicylic acid, lactic acid or glycolic acid is often the best idea.
- Moisturise Well- Often people are sceptical about including a moisturiser for oily skin in summer, as they directly associate it with acne and grease. However, this is far from the truth. Moisturisers help maintain a certain balance in your skin, and are hence equally essential. Look out for moisturisers that are light-weight, water or gel-based and free of oils. Particularly, moisturisers designed for acne-prone skin help.
Sun Damage Control- It goes without saying that you need something to protect your skin during the summers. Therefore your summer skin care routine for oily skin should always include a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 and above. Sure, we do feel doubtful about using sunscreen on oily skin, but a small amount of sunscreen works well on all skin types.
- Exfoliate In And Out- We know that you aren’t skipping on skincare essentials like a moisturiser for oily skin in summer, but your summer skin care routine for oily skin should definitely include a weekly exfoliating session as well. After washing your face with the Coco Soul Revitalizing Face Wash, use the Coco Soul Organic Face Scrub to gently buff away the dead skin cells, and enjoy a cleansed, polished skin. Infused with the organic goodness of sandalwood, venivel and virgin king coconut oil, this scrub also minimises age spots and gives you an instant glow, making it great for oily skin care in summer.Know someone struggling with dry skin? Send them this blog on how to deal with dry skin in summer now! You can also visit this blog if you're looking for a summer skincare routine for normal skin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which product is best for oily skin in summer?
We explore a lot of new products every day and hence it’s often difficult to narrow down on one product and claim it as the ‘best’. However, to enhance your summer skin care routine for oily skin, you can use products which are water-based, foaming, lightweight and non-comedogenic in nature. These are good for both the summers, as well as oily skin.
Do you need to use a moisturiser for your oily skin in summers?Yes, believe it or not you do need a moisturiser for oily skin in summer. It helps balance out the excess oil production and adds a finishing touch to your skincare routine. However, make sure your moisturisers are suited for the summer, and have lightweight and non-acnegenic properties.
Is salicylic acid good for oily skin in the summer?Yes, be it your summer night skin care routine, or your regime in the day, having salicylic acid in your skincare products is great for oily skin. Salicylic acid contains BHA, a type of exfoliant which binds to oil, and rids your pores of any clogged oil and dirt. It is usually a recommended ingredient within face washes, toners and night creams. It balances out the oil production in your skin, leaving it clean and healthy.
Planning out a summer skincare routine for yourself is that easy! It can be done in five quick and easy steps. So go, get your skin prepped for the summer, because the beach is calling and your sun protected self deserves to go and enjoy the season!