Indulging in nature-inspired cellulite treatment is one of the ways you can reduce the lumps on your skin. The best way to deal with cellulite formation on your legs, thighs, stomach, abdomen, buttocks, breasts, and hips is to take care of what goes into, and on your skin! But before we get to some of the best cellulite treatments out there – medical and natural, let’s look at understanding what cellulite is.
Cellulite – What Is It?
When your fat and muscle are not distributed evenly, various factors like age, hormones, genetics, and lifestyle tend to separate the fat and create its deposits underneath your skin. These are visible on the following parts of your body:
You can read this detailed article to better understand what cellulite is, and how it’s caused.
Cellulite Treatment Options
Although natural is the best way to go, there are certain medical procedures to keep in mind for cellulite reduction. Before going forward with a medical procedure to treat cellulite, please consult your dermatologist or specialiased doctor for details about the procedure and the after effects they may cause. Here are some of the medical procedures known to treat cellulite:
- Cryolipolysis – Also known as cool sculpting, this method is a procedure that involves freezing the accumulated fat cells beneath your skin.
- Ultrasound – Commonly used for pregnancies, this procedure involves the use of ultrasound waves, which detect and target your fat within your skin.
- Cellfina – Similar to the process of acupuncture, celfina is a procedure that involves using a pin or needle to break the accumulated fat within your skin.
- Acoustic wave therapy – This procedure makes your connective tissue vibrate in the parts of your body that are susceptible to the formation of cellulite. The vibration boosts the production of collagen in the skin, improving its elasticity.
- Laser treatment – Radiofrequency is a common skin solution which massages your skin’s tissue with the help of laser energy, heat, and suctioning. .
Now that you are aware of the clinical ways to treat cellulite, if you would rather opt for an anti-cellulite massage or scrub, we’ve rounded up some of the best natural treatment options for you!
Natural Cellulite Treatment At Home
Prefer a natural way to remove the cellulite from your body? Here are four natural methods of cellulite treatment at home, including a cellulite massage for your self-care sunday!
Coffee scrub – Exfoliation is a must in skin care, and for this, you need a natural ingredient that is made for tightening your skin. The coffee beans that many of us love and can’t do without, are actually a skin care solution, which also boosts your blood circulation. Here are the benefits of using coconut oil and coffee for cellulite treatments.
Sandalwood Scrub- Another ingredient that can work wonders to reverse ageing skin is sandalwood. It is a powerful antioxidant, a soothing ayurvedic gem, and a revered skin care ingredient that can be applied in the form of Coco Soul’s Exfoliating Face Scrub. The scrub is enriched with sandalwood, venivel, and virgin coconut oil – and what’s more, it is 100% organic, vegan, and certified by Made Safe.
Apple cider vinegar – An all-in-one natural skin care solution, apple cider vinegar is a potent ingredient to get rid of cellulite. The composition of potassium, magnesium, minerals, and calcium helps control the accumulation of excess oil and water in the body.
- Cellulite massage – The best way to relieve or remove any skin issue is to give it a hot oil massage. In this case, to remove cellulite, an oil massage can help move your body’s fluids and support the lymphatic system to remove toxins. The result? Smoother-looking skin and cellulite reduction.
For cellulite massage, try coconut oil for skin.Coconut oil is known for antimicrobial and anti-oxidant properties that boost collagen production in the skin cells and increase blood circulation for smooth, plump skin.
Coconut moisturiser – The highly saturated coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties, which make your skin firm and remove the cellulite from your body. Using a daily moisturiser that is infused with coconut oil can be a great way to treat cellulite.
Coco Soul brings you two coconut-infused moisturising options – the Nourishing Body Lotion and the Rich Body Butter. The body lotion is a better choice if you’re looking for a lightweight moisturiser, whereas the body butter is thicker in consistency, giving you a deep moisturising effect.
Lifestyle Changes To Remove Cellulite
Even the most-effective, or best cellulite treatment is incomplete without some much-needed dietary and lifestyle changes. Here are some tweaks you can make in your lifestyle:
- Exercise – Movement is extremely important for fat to not get accumulated in any part of your body. Try going for a walk every day, or doing 30 or 40 squats each day to stay active. This will help you get rid of any cellulite that gets developed beneath your skin.
- Dry brushing – An unconventional option is using a dry brush to brush your skin. What does this do? It stimulates the circulation of blood inside your body, brushes off the dead skin layer, and helps in the renewal of skin cells. The result? Glowing skin!
- Body detox – As you read above, hormones can cause your cellulite formation to increase at a faster rate. For your body to produce a balance of hormones, and remain stable, it is important that you follow a balanced diet. A variety of vegetables, fresh fruit, fish, and other ingredients that help fight cellulite can be included in your diet.
- Hydration – Be it for skin care or overall wellness, we can’t stress enough on the importance of hydrating yourself daily . Drink plenty of water to flush out your body’s toxins, and improve your immune system.
Frequently Asked Questions on Cellulite Treatment (FAQs)
How do I remove cellulite naturally?The most effective, natural ways to get rid of cellulite include dry brushing your hair, trying out a natural exfoliating scrub, and using coconut oil on your skin. This helps peel off the dead skin cells, stimulates blood circulation in your system, and also smoothens your skin.
Can cellulite on legs go away? What is cellulite reduction?The most common part of your body you will notice the formation of cellulite is your legs. To reduce this cellulite on your skin, indulge in medical or natural methods, like the ones listed above.
Can you smooth out cellulite? What is a cellulite massage?A regular oil massage with a potent, moisturising oil can help increase the blood flow and move the fats inside your body. This, in turn, will make your cellulite less noticeable as your fat will be distributed beneath your skin.