Most of us have certain moments in our lives, where we start experiencing the first few signs of ageing, without even realising it. The first few signs of ageing often begin to settle in around the age of 25, but by the time we realise it we find ourselves wondering how to look younger naturally. Termed as premature ageing by a few, this usually happens due to a slower workout recovery or skin cell turnover mechanism in the body. This prompts us to think about how to make face look younger, home remedies for ageing, and whatnot. Let’s find out more about how to keep skin young with time.
What Causes Skin To Age?
You will find countless suggestions online on how to look younger naturally. And why not! After all, everyone likes to flaunt younger looking skin. But to get to the solutions, it’s important to first analyse the factors that make your skin age so quickly. Some of the common causes that enhance the signs of ageing in people include -
- Age- Once we reach a certain age, we start wondering how to keep skin young, fearing for the premature signs of ageing to catch up on us. As we age, our skin starts losing it’s natural oils, which causes the skin to dry up. This makes the skin lose its elasticity, and appear loose and saggy.
- Sunlight- How to stay young looking when your skin is exposed to routine damage? You can blame your sunbathing rituals for that. Excessive exposure to UV rays from the sunlight can make the connective tissues break and cause the skin to lose its elasticity, resulting in loose and saggy skin.
- Smoking- Thinking how to make skin look younger can often be a task, but this can also be because of the habits we include in our lifestyle. For instance, smoking a lot exposes the skin to oxidative stress, accelerating the ageing process of the skin, causing dryness, wrinkles and other signs of premature ageing.
Anti-Ageing Skincare Tips
If your skin has gone through enough damage due to your daily lifestyle habits and choices and is reflecting in the form of early signs of ageing, maybe it’s time to change. Now your next question might be - how to look younger naturally? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve put together some natural ways to look younger.
- Sun protection: Sunlight and ultraviolet rays from the sun are one of the biggest contributors to ageing and skin damage. So in order to get younger looking skin, it’s important to shield it well from sun damage. Make sure you apply an SPF of at least 30 and above, and at the same time, keep your skin covered using hats, scarves or sun protective clothing.
- Take care of your skin: Sometimes, getting answers to the question how to get younger looking skin is often simpler than we think it to be. One way by which you can do this, is to be gentle with your skin. Wash your face at least twice a day to remove any dirt, sweat or germs that are occupying your skin. Make sure you’re gentle while washing and not rubbing too hard as that can also hurt your skin and fast-track the ageing process. Use a gentle face wash like the Coco Soul Revitalizing Face Wash, while washing your skin. It contains neem, gotukala and ayurvedic herbs, which make your skin smooth, soft and radiant.Here are some of our favourite organic skincare products and skin brightening home remedies that can help you get youthful looking skin as well!
- Banana Mask: While wondering how to keep the skin young, a good DIY always works! Banana is enriched with essential vitamins like Vitamin A, B6 and C, which can reduce the signs of ageing and reverse the damage done by free radicals.
Method: To make this face pack, mash a banana and make a smooth paste out of it in a bowl. Apply this mixture around your eyes, either using your fingers or a cotton swab. Let it sit for around 10 to 20 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.You can also read all about the benefits of turmeric in helping skin stay young, and incorporate it into your skincare routine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you delay ageing?Thinking about how to look younger naturally? There are some healthy lifestyle changes that you can make to delay the signs of ageing. Make sure you get a good eight to nine hours of sleep, and lead a de-stressed and happy life. Always remove your makeup before getting into bed, and keep your skin well moisturised. Avoid sugar in your daily diet and quit your smoking habit, if you have one.
What are the seven signs of ageing?How to stay young looking? It sure is a tough task. But it’s even tougher to identify the signs of ageing. To ease things for you, we’ve listed the seven signs of ageing to help you utilise a more targeted approach in treating it well. These include- age spots, lines and wrinkles, sagging skin, thin skin, dull skin tone, a dry skin tone and skin that gets easily bruised. Age spots are usually formed when pigmented cells cluster together. These are usually exposed to the sun.
When do you see the first signs of ageing?Typically, when people reach the age of 35, they start worrying about how to make the skin look younger. Moreover, how to get younger looking skin naturally. However, these questions increase when you start ageing at the age of 25 itself. This type of ageing is termed as premature ageing.
Through this blog, we hope we were able to answer all your questions regarding how to look younger naturally. Give yourself the right treatment, identify the correct causes and focus on what your skin wants. Following a good lifestyle is also a must and is essential for a happier life.