After a long chilly spell that lasted for many months, we can finally say hello to summers. However, while summers may look golden and beautiful with you flaunting those summery dresses, they can also bring with them a whole bunch of summer skin problems, which include suntanned skin, summer pimples, skin rashes in summer, and so on. Read on to know more about the common summer skin problems and solutions to deal with them better.
Common Summer Skin Problems
The weather can have multiple effects on the skin. While some may be pretty minor, others can reflect very strongly on your complexion. For your convenience, we’ve listed down some common summer skin problems, along with a detailed explanation for the same. These include-
Acne- No, these aren’t a result of puberty and don’t just happen because of it. Acne, commonly known as zits or summer pimples occur commonly across all age groups. More than your biological age, these are dependent on the health of your skin. In summers your face is exposed to direct sunlight causing sweating and oily skin. This causes clogging in your pores, resulting in bacteria build up, causing acne. Summer skin issues like these usually occur when your skin is not cleansed well.To find the perfect solution for acne, check out our blog on how to get rid of acne.
- Dry Skin- Even though it can easily happen during any time of the year, dry skin is one of the common skin issues in summer that people face. Your body is exposed to direct sunlight during the summers, which results in excess sweating and body precipitation. This results in internal dehydration. The body loses out on its natural moisture, making it dull and dry, and that’s how dry skin becomes one of the recurring skin problems during summer.
- Sunburn- Many of us have mixed feelings about sun exposure. While some of us feel suntanned skin is beautiful to look at, and believe in the sun being an easy and natural source of Vitamin D, we must consume it sparingly as it has its own set of consequences too. Prolonged and unprotected exposure to the sun can cause the harmful UV A and UV B rays to penetrate into the skin, causing the DNA to potentially mutate, resulting in sun damage, and paving the way for skin cancer. So, make sure you’re well covered and protected before heading out into the sun. Moreover, if you have sunburns already, it’s time to get the right sunburn treatment done as well.
- Prickly Heat- Getting a summer rash, commonly known as a condition called ‘prickly heat’ is very common during this season. Just like other summer skin issues, these are also a result of a sweaty and dirty face. Dirt gets clogged into your pores and penetrates inside the skin. This reflects in the form of rashes and bumps on the outside, leaving your skin with a prickly sensation. This condition is called prickly heat.
Solutions To Common Summer Skincare Concerns
Getting a summer rash, acne, sun tanned skin and other skin problems is not very rare in the summers. In fact, they happen very frequently. In fact, we wouldn’t even call them rare skin diseases in the summer season, as they occur so commonly. But that doesn’t mean you have to struggle in isolation. Here are a few ways to get rid of them in the easiest and most natural ways-
Acne- Summers make your skin dirty and sweaty. The clogged pores invite a lot of acne and other skin issues. The best way to treat acne is to keep your skin clean and healthy. You can do that in the following ways-
Blotting: Your sun tanned skin is also sweating 24x7 in the intense heat. When you’re outdoors, you’re tempted to wipe the sweat off, but make sure you’re gentle while doing so. Instead of wiping it forcefully, use a towel to gently blot it out. This is softer on the skin and has less chances of damage.
- Cleansing: Make sure you shower at least twice a day during the sweltering summers. Having clean skin and wearing fresh clothes is a summer essential that prevents you from getting any acne. You should follow this whenever you’ve stepped out and have been exposed to the sun. To give your face an organic and gentle cleanse, rinse it with the Coco Soul Revitalizing Face Wash. The ayurvedic goodness of neem, gotukola and turmeric makes your skin feel fresh and renewed. Next, rinse your body with some Coco Soul Shower Gel. The lingering aroma of this product, along with the natural essence of virgin king coconut oil, gotukola and turmeric, deeply nourish your skin, without stripping off any moisture.
- Dry Skin: The best way to battle skin problems, stemming from dry skin, is to keep your skin nourished and moisturised the whole day. Since chlorine and sunlight play a major role towards the health of your skin, make sure you immediately wash your hair after getting out of the swimming pool, and apply a sunscreen before heading out in the sun. To give your hair the best treatment, you can include the Coco Soul Hair Care Combo as a part of your showering routine. This wholesome duo contains virgin king coconut oil, which seals in the moisture content of your hair, leaving it soft and nourished. It also contains other ayurvedic herbs like godapara and keekirindiya, to leave your hair feeling cleansed and nourished.
- Sunburn Treatment- It’s never too late to fix your skin and getting sunburn treatment is very simple. Make sure you’re protecting your body well with good clothes, sunglasses and wide-brimmed hats to protect yourself from the sun. Before leaving the house, always apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and above. This protects your body well and prevents sunburns.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why does my skin go bad in summer?During the summers, our body is in direct contact with the sun, which exposes it to UV A and B rays, which accelerate the process of ageing, and makes you want to seek sunburn treatment. It also causes sweating, inviting a lot of bacteria and dirt, which result in pimples, inflammation and a summer rash or two. All these things collectively affect the skin and its health.
How can I keep my skin healthy in the summer?You can keep your skin healthy and vibrant in the summer by adopting the right skincare routine, and keeping it away from the factors that cause the skin to get damaged. A summer skincare routine is focused on regular cleansing, hydrating, moisturising and protecting the skin from sun damage.
How does summer affect your skin?Summer results in a number of skincare issues, like acne, summer rashes, prickly heat, dry skin, sunburned skin and many more. It causes the skin to become dirty and oily very soon, giving rise to tons of skincare concerns like these.
Been facing these summer skincare issues since years? It’s time you got it fixed using the right routine and products. So, stop scouting the internet looking for skin problems in summer with pictures because this will just unnecessarily worry you. Instead, identify the cause for concern and start finding the right solution for yourself.