Fitness is important, and regular exercise is needed for achieving fitness goals. But is it fair to just take care of the body and neglect the skin condition? Well, of course not !! Here comes the importance of pre and post-workout skincare. During training, your body sweats a lot. This can lead to the development of several skin and hair problems due to sweat. To avoid all these skin problems, you must follow a good skincare routine before and after a workout. We will guide you on what should be the skincare rules that you must follow during pre and post-workout skin care.
What is an excellent pre-workout skincare routine? Why do you need one?
You must take care of your skin before starting a workout. Pre-workout skincare is essential because, when we work out, our skin tends to sweat due to the calories we burn and the activities we perform. This sweat may block the skin pores, causing skin problems such as acne, skin irritation, itching, redness, and more.
If you follow an active skincare process described below, you might get rid of these skin issues:
- Remove makeup before workout: You must remove your makeup or any residue from your face before you start working out. If you wear makeup during a workout, it may block your skin pores along with dirt and sweat, and you will get a skin breakout and acne due to it. You can take a wet tissue and wipe off your face with the help it to remove makeup particles from your face and neck before you start working out.
- Cleanse your skin after removing makeup: Cleansing is also one of the essential steps in the pre-workout skincare regimes that you should follow. Wiping off makeup is an important part, but still, you need to clean your face entirely with the help of a good cleanser. It will ensure that no makeup residue is left on your skin before a workout that may cause skin damage. You can certainly get help from Coco Soul. Coco Soul’s Natural Face Wash has Virgin King Coconut Oil, Neem & Gotukola extracts in it, which penetrate deeper into the skin and cleanse all impurities from skin cells.
- Toning: The cleansing process can open your skin pores. After cleansing your skin, you must use a toner to tighten your skin pores so that sweat cannot block them while you work out.
- Moisturising: After doing the cleansing routine, you must use an excellent moisturiser to provide the required hydration to your skin. While the cleanser removes the oil from your face, it is essential to moisturise your skin to provide it with natural hydration and prevent it from becoming dry. You can also opt for a moisturiser that has a sunscreen effect if you do an outdoor workout.
This is the active skincare process that you can follow before your workout. But, after a workout, do not avoid taking care of your skin as there would be excessive sweating. Make sure to follow effective and active skin care for better results after working out as well.
What skincare rules should you follow post a workout to prevent sweat-related issues?
To prevent skin problems due to sweat while you work out, you must follow the described skincare tips post every workout session. Here goes the detailed information on skincare after the workout -
Hand wash: Your hands may be exposed to bacteria and germs while exercising. As your body already has sweat, touching your skin with those hands may cause skin problems due to bacterial infection. So after a workout, you must wash your hands properly before you touch your face or other areas of your body.
Take a bath and wash your body: To avoid skin issues, you must take a full shower after exercising to remove the dust and impurities from your body. Instead of using regular soap, try to opt for a body cleanser to remove all the toxins and unwanted elements.
You can use Coco Soul moisturising bath combo that has natural ingredients such as Virgin King Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Lodhra and other herbs that can rejuvenate and instantly energise your skin during the bath.
- Moisturisation: Loss of sweat during exercise can sometimes take away your skin's hydration and make it dry. Hence, moisturisation of your skin with appropriate moisturiser is essential. Take a good moisturiser and use it daily after a workout. It can give you the required amount of hydration for your skin.
Try a sunscreen-based moisturiser to get better effects. Coco Soul body lotion will be the most effective choice in this regard. Coco Soul moisturisers have the natural essence of Virgin King Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Lodhra and other herbs that can provide your skin instant nourishment and keep you hydrated for a long time.
All the above processes must be followed for skincare after a workout.
Natural skin care tips for active people
When it comes to natural skincare tips to try before and after a workout, you can rely on home remedies such as homemade face packs, homemade cleansers, etc. Natural ingredients like rose water, milk, aloe vera, coconut butter, Shea butter, oats, gram flour, curd, etc., have many good properties that can make your skin healthier if they are used along with your regular CTM routine.
From the above facts and description, it is apparent that pre-workout and post-workout skin care are very important to reduce the chances of skin problems. Also, these skin habits will give you radiant looking skin that is free from fine lines and wrinkles, pimples, dark spots, etc. Hence, you will feel more youthful and charming.
Frequently Asked Questions on Skincare for Fitness Freaks (FAQs)
Do you do skincare before or after your workout?You must do skincare before and after a workout to prevent your skin from getting damaged from sweating related issues.
How do I prepare my skin for exercise?Before exercising, you must make sure that you don't use any makeup. You should immediately wash it off and cleanse your face even if you do. Also, don’t forget to moisturise to give your skin the required amount of nourishment and hydration.
What should apply to your face before a workout?You can apply a moisturiser before starting a workout. But before that, you need to apply a cleanser to wash impurities and makeup from the skin. A toner can also be used after cleansing the skin and before applying a moisturiser to tighten skin pores. This is the basic CTM routine that one can do before they start working out.